Secrets and Lies: Part Three

You wait until the conference room is only filled with your team to share what you've learned about the four agents.

"I learned a lot about everyone–some were easier to read than others. Kruger is hot-headed, arrogant, and he really likes to be told that he is right. He kept trying to dismiss what Spencer said, and when he heard something he liked, he made it seem like it was his idea in the first place. He stood with power and confidence. The very reason I was able to get all of this about him is the very reason why he isn't the mole. He left himself right in the open, and I was there to get it all.

"Gina, on the other hand, is the complete opposite. Kruger acts like he is handed things while Gina works her ass off to prove she is worthy to be on this team. She works in an office that is male-dominated, so she has to work twice as hard to prove that she can sit at the table with the big boys. She wants to be trusted, but she has to be smart. She has no room to make mistakes. Doing something like betraying her country would only ruin all her hard work. That's why she isn't the mole.

"Olivia is just angry and hurt. She got defensive and tried to shut Elle out when she mentioned Europe. She was taken as a hostage and was raped and tortured. That's not something anyone can bounce back from. She got counseling for it, but that's something that is going to stay with her for the rest of her life. All she wants to do is keep her head down, do her work, and hope she makes it until tomorrow. She wants to feel like a person again. If she were the mole, she would never be normal again–she's not the mole either.

"The only person I couldn't read clearly is Bruno. From the very moment I stepped into this office, I knew something was bad about him. Something was telling me that he is worse than bad. His walls are so high and so thick, it's not surprising that I can't get past it. The way he stepped in just now felt forced like he doesn't care about his team but instead, trying to find Aaliyah."

You turn to Gideon with a sigh.

"You told me you trusted my judgment. I'd bet everything that I own on Bruno. If you ask me, Bruno is the mole."

"Thank you," Gideon whispers.

"You're welcome," you grin, proud of yourself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that little manhunt, there wasn't much to go on in terms of where Aaliyah might be, or who the mole is. Everyone knows you believe Bruno is the mole, but in order to properly arrest him, you're going to need proof. While they believe you, no one else will unless you have proof. While you're trying to figure out how to get that proof, every single monitor went out. It was like a virus got into the system and turned everything off.

Mass panic started to form, swirling all of those doubts and fear around your head. You have to remind yourself to focus and to shut out everyone else's voice but your own. The system isn't down for long since this is the CIA, but it sure is suspicious. No one knew where it came from, but they have bigger fish to fry than to worry about something that never happened again.

Everyone goes back to work, but you notice Olivia isn't at her desk. You motion for Elle to follow you so you two can go look for her. You know she isn't the mole, but she may be working with the mole as someone who is on a "need-to-know" basis. Since you're only focused on the four agents, you've trained yourself to only pay attention to their energies. Bruno's and Kruger's are red, and Gina is all the way on the other side of the room, so the light blue energy leading you to the back room is what you follow.

You open the door to reveal Olivia face down on the desk, not moving. You shake her shoulders, but she isn't moving. You place two fingers to the inside of her wrist, but there is no pulse.