Derailed: Part Two

He goes back to looking out the window where the police have set up a barricade. The last passenger on the train is a businessman based on the expensive suit he's wearing. He's clutching a briefcase so tightly, you think his arms might fall off. He's so anxious and vulnerable, you can get a read on him more than anyone else. You make eye contact, and all you see is him packing up a gun into that same briefcase. He opens the case wide enough to only fit his hand inside.

"What are you doing?" Josh asks suspiciously.

He stares at everyone without saying a word, and that gives the impression that he has a gun in there. It's a good thing they can't see what you can see.

"Don't be stupid," Elle warns.

"What's your name?" you ask.

"Harry Anderson," he whispers and pulls out a bible.

"Are you kidding me?" Josh scoffs. "What are you gonna do? Throw it at him?"

"Why are they just sitting there? Come on!" Teddy yells so loudly that Elaine jumps a good few inches off her seat.

"Whacked out of his mind," Josh mutters.

"Josh, seriously, not helping," you glare.

Teddy gets up and stars pacing down the aisle, muttering the words, "come on" over and over. He clearly has no idea what he's doing or where he's going to go. This place is surrounded, so it's not like he's going to get out of here silently. His face twitches once more, and it's like a light bulb went off inside his head. Whoever is talking to him must have given him an idea.

"Get up!" he yells and reaches over to grab at Elaine's red hair.

She starts screaming, and everyone starts to silently panic.

"Take me!" you blurt and get up without thinking.

She's clearly scared out of her mind, and she is going to do whatever she can to keep her baby safe. All you want is to let her off the hook. He's not listening to you, so you do the brave (or dumb) thing and grab at his arm. He shoves his gun in your face, but you don't let up.

"Take me. I can get you anything you want. I only want to help, Teddy," you say with wide eyes.

People love to talk to you and tell you all their problems because you have that calming presence. It's one of the benefits of having your ability. You're able to connect with people through a single touch, and he clearly sees and feels it. He lets go of Elaine's hair and grabs yours instead.

"Come with me," he growls and drags you over to where he has his phone.

Elaine starts crying, but at least she's safe.

"Don't say a single word unless I say it. Deviate a single word, and I will kill you. Don't try to send them any secret messages or codes. Do you understand?" he yells and forces you to your knees right in front of the phone. You didn't answer quickly enough so you feel the barrel of the gun at your head. "Do you understand?!"

"Yes, yes, okay? Calm down!" you reply.

You grab the phone and put it to your ear, praying that whoever answers the phone is of sound mind. When someone does answer the phone, your entire body just sags in relief. You knew they would come.

"Yes?" Gideon answers.

"Ask them who they work with, and who just arrived," Teddy whispers into your ear.

"Who are you? Who just arrived?" you ask completely calm.

It wouldn't do anyone any good if you panicked. You're receiving enough panic from everyone on this fucking train. You can't lose yourself.