Unfinished Business: Part Three

You don't believe Scott Harbin is the Keystone Killer, but you do believe he is hiding something, or someone. He is guilty of something because as soon as you stop foot in his house, you feel the fear and panic of a victim. There is someone in this house, you know it. Derek breaks down the door, and you're the second one to go in. Your gun is out in front of you as you search the place for Scott Harbin. You see movement up ahead of you, and then that movement begins running.

"Stop!" you yell and run after him. He doesn't listen, so you throw your body weight against him so that he falls to the ground. "I said stop!"

"Okay, okay, alright," Scott groans as you handcuff him.

"Are you Scott Harbin?" you ask.

"Yeah, that's Scott," Max confirms from behind you.

"Hey! Ryan! You got old," he laughs as you yank him to his feet.

"Haven't we all?"

"You missed an appointment, Scott," Gideon states.

"Oh, they send the FBI now for parole violations?"

"We were in the neighborhood," you grit out.

You hand him off to another officer who is glad to take him away, but because he still needs to be questioned. Now that you got this out of the way, you can focus on why you feel a victim's fear within this place.

"Hotch. Look at that," Derek says and motions the boss over. He is standing inside Scott's room and looking into his drawers. "Socks–three inches, underwear–six inches. They teach you that at basic training."

"Ryan thought he might have a military background," Hotch says and opens his wardrobe where there are tons of boxes that are labeled. "Hey, Morgan. What's the chance he labels his secrets?"

You close your eyes as you stand in the middle of the main room and focus on that fear. It's the fear of a woman's because you sense her delicate energy all over the house.

"What are you doing?" Gideon mutters to you.

"There is someone else here. A victim. She's tied and gagged. I feel her fear," you whisper to him.

"Where?"

"I'm trying to figure that out," you whisper.

The woman's blue energy is fading, but you know she was here recently. All signs point to the bedroom where Derek and Hotch are right now, so you follow that. The energy is like a mist, guiding you to where its owner is. You enter the room and just stare at the blue mist that is covering almost every inch of the room.

"Y/N? What is going on?" Hotch asks when he notices the look on your face.

"Scott has a victim in here. In this room."

"What? We've been through it twice. There is no one in here," Derek dismisses you.

"Her energy is all over this room. There is so much of it, I can't pinpoint where it's coming from, but someone is definitely in here. I can feel how scared she is," you whimper.

"Okay, let's look in places where a human hides," Hotch shrugs.

Hotch and Derek begin rifling through the closet and checking in the ceiling panels. Your eyes scan the room, but you don't move from your spot–not just yet. The woman is screaming out for someone to help her, but it isn't verbal screams since she is gagged. You take a step to the bed and your gaze is shifted to the bed frame on the bottom. Instead of having an open space underneath the bed, it's boarded up. You kneel by the bed and touch the wood, and that fear and panic slams into you at full force.