Charm and Harm: Part Two

It took a little bit for Derek and Elle to get to Georgia, but when they finally made it, Hotch was the first to know about it.

"Elle and Morgan just landed in Georgia. They'll be at the hotel in about twenty minutes."

"So, Florida's not his only comfort zone then."

"Apparently, he's set up businesses all throughout the southern US. That's a lot of states to bounce around in, and now that he's crossed state lines, it's a nationwide search. He'll most likely use back roads instead of the main highways."

"Well, we have warnings along I-95 and I-10 in case he decides to travel along the gulf coast," Ray nods.

"These records indicate that he went to high school in four different states," Spencer says, holding the files Penelope managed to gather.

"So they moved around a lot. Let's talk to his father, find out why. You too, Y/N."

"Maybe he's revisiting places where he feels comfortable," you say. "The latest hotel records indicate that he checked in using his own name."

"If he doesn't want us to catch him, what's he doing, taunting us?"

"No. Taunting would imply that this is some sort of game. It isn't," Hotch replies. "He's made it very clear that he has no intention of going back to his life as it was. This is a one-way trip."

"There's DNA proving he's the offender. No point in covering his tracks now. That'll only slow him down, and if he wanted us to catch him, he'd simply stop running. It's not likely. Though, since he's got four hundred grand in cash."

"With that type of money, he can charter a plane or buy a ticket to virtually anywhere in the world."

"Well, he's not hiding. He's hunting," Gideon mutters. "Besides, driving works for him. It's anonymous, and he can cover a lot of territories. We should notify the Mexican and Canadian border patrols. He might try to leave the US."

"Let them know most spree kills end with suicide by cop. It could be how he plans on getting out of his mess," Hotch says to Ray.

Hotch's phone rings and he puts whoever is on the other line on speakerphone.

"Hotchner."

"Who's your daddy?"

You snicker at Penelope's words, but you don't comment on it.

"I'm sorry?"

"This has not been easy. This woman seriously covered her tracks," she says, talking about Gregory's ex-wife.

"You found her?" you ask.

"Yeah, she's still in the sunshine state. Settled down in Bradenton."

"We'll have to pick her up."

"Garcia, while you're at it, see if you can't find where Gregory's father lives."

"Already on it."

Ray is already sending officers to go and pick up Allyson, Gregory's ex-wife. For someone who wants nothing to do with Gregory and the life they lived together, she sure does live close by. She is only forty-five minutes away, so it's not long before she is at the temporary set-up to speak to you and Hotch. Penelope is still working on figuring out where Gregory's father lives. You don't know why it's such a mystery since he would be one of the first people the police would have wanted to talk to about his son. When Allyson does get here, she's in complete shock of either finding out Gregory is a serial killer, or that you found her–you're not sure which one yet.

"I'm still in shock," she stutters.

"Well, it's understandable," you chuckle lightly.

"I'm more surprised that you found me. I paid a lot to have my past erased."