What Fresh Hell?: Part One

"Evil is always unspectacular and always human. And shares our bed...and eats at our table." - W.H. Auden

When Spencer came over last night, you didn't think he would spend the night. It's not that you minded him doing so, you just didn't want him to wake up and think it was a mistake. You two are slowly moving towards the titles "boyfriend and girlfriend", but it's going to take a big leap from one of you if you're going to reach there. Normally you would have woken him up to let him go home, but he looked so cute sleeping on the couch that you just left him there the entire night.

You know it's a good thing when he didn't even mention it in the morning. It was like it felt so normal to have him spend the night. Of course, you're not even going to tell him that. This morning, you two spent a good chunk of time making and eating breakfast that you forgot the time. You two almost didn't make it to work on time. It's just so easy to get lost in his eyes. You have to remind yourself that unless he says something to you, then you think he thinks of you like a friend.

As soon as you two got to work, then it became almost professional except for the stolen glances when both or one of you looked away. Everyone can see how much he likes you and how much you like him, but they have a bet going on to see who will ask who out. Half is betting on you and the other half is betting on Spencer. Even though the rest of the team hasn't specifically told you they are doing this, you have a feeling you know what they're doing.

You guess you'll see what happens.

The only reason Spencer fell asleep is because of the coffee you made him. He claims it put him out like a light, so you wrote down your recipe for him to use when he's home alone and can't sleep. He doesn't know you did this, so you walk over to his desk with the recipe in hand.

"Hey, I wrote down my special coffee recipe if you ever want to use it when you're at home by yourself. I told you I know what I'm doing," you tease and hold out your hand for him to take the paper.

"I don't need it," he politely declines.

"No? I thought you wanted to sleep at night," you chuckle.

"I do, but I don't want to make it wrong. I'd rather just have you make it. You know, just so I know I'll get a good night's sleep. I-Is that okay with you?" he stutters a bit.

His eyes briefly meet yours, and his fingers fiddle with the pens on his desk. Even if you weren't an empathetic psychic, you can tell he's nervous. Apart from the vibes you're getting, he's fiddling with just about anything and everything on his desk. Do you intimidate him? Is he confused about his feelings for you? Does he actually hate you? Well, if he hated you, you would be able to tell. If it's not that, then what is? Before you have a chance to overthink about it too much, you decide to stay on topic.

"More than okay. Just know you're always welcomed in my home," you blush and pocket the recipe.

"Alright," he blushes shyly.

"Briefing room, right away," Hotch says as he and Gideon make their way from their offices to the briefing room.

"Duty calls," you say.

You leave your stuff right where they are because you know you'll just be grabbing them on your way out to the plane. You're not even in the briefing room just yet, and you can tell this is a bad one. Penelope is walking back to her cave, and you stop when you see a small card in her hands.

"What is that?" you ask.

"Gideon got me flowers," she gushes.

"He did?" you ask, surprised.