Surprises

Hewwo

MATURE CONTENT included
—————————

"Is she here yet," Jacob's asks our dad, referring to Ember. It was nice to see Jacob like this. I'm not completely sure why he loved kids so much, I did as well but I've never been around any enough to really enjoy them.

"The worker said she'd be here in about ten minutes," Anthony replies for dad, he's decorating the crib he put together this morning, making sure it's safe and comfy.

"I can't wait to meet our baby sister," I say smiling. Anthony smiles at me, "I bet she'll love you," he says giving me a kiss on the head.

Ian walks into the living room, I shudder at the sight of him. I couldn't sleep last night, I couldn't wrap my head around what happened between us.

He glanced at me coldly before looking away and heading into the kitchen. He must be use to this. Teasing girls and then acting like nothing happened. I was just another one of them. I shake off the thought, for whatever reason it made me feel sad.

I see a white SUV pull into the drive way, signaling that the worker was here with my baby sister. Jacob practically runs out the door, I laugh and stand in the door frame, seeing him offer to help with Ember's things.

Before I know it he's carrying a diaper bag which also had some toys on it. The worker was a woman, she looked to be in her forties or so.

"You must be Caitlin, yes? I'm Miranda," she introduces, I nod and give her a polite smile.

"Ah, your dads have told me all about you and Jacob, your brother seems to love her already," she says looking at him. Jacob was hogging Ember who was in a car seat on the kitchen table, making faces at her.

I could see her little limbs move and my heart fluttered. It was adorable.

"Cat, come here," Jacob says, I walk over to him and look at Ember. She had beautiful light brown eyes, long lashes that I was already jealous of. She was smiling up at us.

"She's beautiful," I say, tears prickling my eyes.

Dad and Anthony come over and unlatch her from the car seat. Picking up her little body and hugging her to his body.

"Well, it looks like everything is settled here. We finished the paperwork during our last visit and it looks like you have all the necessary items for her," Miranda says to us. "I hope you all enjoy your new family member," she then leaves the house, leaving us with Ember.

"Cat, why don't you take her for a bit, you are the only woman here and Miranda said it will be good to have her around women," Dad says handing Ember to me. I nod and take her in my arms. She looks at me with those doe eyes and I melt, smiling at her.

I grab a toy from her bag and sit down, handing it to her, she grabs it tightly and starts chewing on it. She's teething, only having two baby teeth on her bottom gums.

She makes a few sounds when she becomes comfortable, I laugh at her noises. Jacob comes over and sits next to me watching her.

"Just imagine Cat, you can make one of these," he says. I laugh at him and so do dads.

"Your sister has plenty of time before she can think about popping one out," dad says.

Hours went by, Ember was fast asleep in her crib, Jacob and Ian were talking about the fight tonight, Jacob explaining how it all works. It wouldn't start for another two hours and I was bored out of my mind.

I decide that the fridge was too bare for my liking and started making a shopping list. Jacob looks over my shoulder as I do so.

"Oh, could you get me some beef jerky?" he asks, I roll my eyes. This man was obsessed with beef jerky. It's all we would eat when we were in high school, I'm shocked he isn't half jerky.