After Party

Caitlin's dress above
———————————

"YOU LOOK SO HOT!" Ella shouts at me as I examine my floral dress, patting the fabric down. I had wide hips which made the dress fan out a little more than it normally would. My thighs held muscle since all my boxing events. My apartment building had a gym which I was grateful for and couldn't wait to use.

The dress didn't cover my back fully, allowing people to see some of my scars, but you could only tell if you looked closely, and they were now covered by tattoos. Except the burn on my right side, that was clear as day but barely poked out.

Most of the scars were from old foster homes, I didn't talk much about how I got them, they were events I didn't care to relive.

I loved tattoos, I always found them beautiful. I had on on my shoulder blade that was a decent size, one on my collarbone, and a small one on my ass.

"It feels a bit much for a after party," I say nervously. I wondered how this party would differ from a college frat party or similar. It couldn't be much worse, right?

"Not at all, compared to the other women that will be there, you look classy," Ella tells me. She wore a short black dress that was elegant yet also showed some skin.

"We better get going," she tells me as she stands up with her eyes glue to her phone. I grab my adidas and put them on.

Ella watches me as I do this, "What?" I ask, she rolls her perfect eyelashes at me.

"I'll never understand you," she says, I laugh at her, "We just met today!" I tell her. I shook my head at this girl, I really did enjoy her company.

"Maybe, but I can read you like a book already," she says pointing at me briefly before we head out.

The after party was held at Ian's place which I found out was a large pent house. I examine the interior, there were a few beautiful green plants around the place bringing life to the mostly white aesthetic.

"Let's go to the alcohol!" Ella says excitingly as she drags me over to the kitchen.

The pent house was crowded with people, there were women that strutted like models and guys that should be in Calvin Klein ads, and probably were if I did my research.

"Ella! Caitlin!" I hear our names being shouted, I turn and see Adam, he wore a plain white shirt and black jeans. I'm surprised he even remembered my name.

"I see Ella has made herself comfortable," he tells me, I look to Ella and see she's downing something in a red cup.

"Apparently," I tell him while laughing a little. I scan the crowd and spot Ian in the corner with a blonde who has her hand on his chest. He didn't seem like he was even listening to her.

"Cait?" I hear Adams voice, I turn to him, "Mhm?" I ask.

"I asked if you wanted a tour since you've never been here," he tells me.

"Sure," I accept politely. I wanted to see the rest of this gorgeous home, just the living room and kitchen were dazzling, I couldn't imagine the other rooms.

He leads me away from the crowd, starting his tour in the left hallway.

"In there," he says while pointing to a dark wooden door, "Is the guest bedroom." He opens the door slightly and I immediately hear moaning. Adam closes it quickly, clearing his throat.

"Seems to be occupied," he says nervously, I chuckle as he guides me further down the hallway.

"Laundry, bathroom, more guest bed rooms," he continues and he struts down the carpet. I couldn't believe how many rooms there were, especially since he most likely lived alone.