Holding On

Ello
—————————————

I had went back to my apartment after the events of the after party. I barely got any sleep, which is not great considering I started work today. It's eight in the morning, I have work at nine and am barely even close to crawling out of bed.

When I finally get the courage to get up, I head to the shower. After I finish, I wrap myself in my robe and head to my closet.

Last night I took my time distracting myself by unpacking until 2 am, thankfully I was all done packing my clothes and organizing them.

I pick out grey plaid slacks that hugged my curves nicely, and a black turtle neck.

I throw my hair up in a ponytail, pulling out a few strands to make it look more casual. I check the time on my phone finding that it was eight-thirty.

I put my shoes on and grab my purse before heading out. Once I'm out of my apartment building, I stop as I recognize my car with my brother in it.

He smiles at me and rolls down the window.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him with a smile on my face, he shrugs at me, "I couldn't let my baby sister take the bus to her high end job," he tells me with a giddy smile.

I shake my head at him, "I'm only a year younger than you, Jacob," I remind him as I make my way to the passenger seat.

"How will you get home?" I ask while I put my seat belt on.

"Dads are here, they wanted to surprise you with dinner. I'll be going back with them," he tells me as he starts driving.

Our dad adopted us both. Jacob had been adopted two years before me and when they heard about my life at other foster homes, they took me in.

Dad married Anthony last year, they were a perfect match. Anthony was a real estate agent in our hometown as well as the neighboring towns. Jacob had been in college when I was a senior and now works for a top notch business company.

"So have you made any friends yet?" Jacob asks as he stops at a red light.

"Yeah, I met a girl name Ella. She took me to a Mariners game last night, her cousin plays on their team," I tell him.

"Really? What's his name?" He asks, glancing at me.

"Ian Thomas, total ass," I tell him as I roll my eyes and look out the windows at the giant skyscrapers.

"Shit really? I went to college with him, we're suppose to meet for drinks later tonight," Jacob says causing me to groan. What are the chances.

"What?" Jacob asks, full looking at me.

"I had a run in with him last night and let's just say that we got off on the wrong foot," I tell him trying not to reveal much.

"He really isn't so bad once you get to know him, I know he has a rep for being an ass," Jacob retorts, I scoff, an ass was an understatement.

He pulls up to the building, large windows and modern looking decorations were displayed to the outside. I take a shaky breath as I stare at the intimidating building.

"You ready?" Jacob asks, I smile at him and nod. He leans over and hugs me.

"You're coming with me to drink with Ian tonight, no excuses," he tells me as he pulls away. I sigh and nod, knowing it would be no use to argue with him, arguing with him never went well.

"What time do you get off?" Jacob asks as I open my door and hop onto the side walk.

"One," I tell him. He nods, "I'll pick you up for dinner with dads later."