Fight Night

Happy Valentine's day! I'm single as fuck
———————
When we enter the arena all the memories came flooding back. The smell of  sweat and popcorn filling my senses.

"This is.....different than what I expected," Ian draws out. Jacob and I chuckle at his reaction, heading up to the ticket salesman.

"Just three? 15 bu-"

"I must be fucking losing it, Caitlin?" I hear the most annoying voice ever and turn on my heel.

Carson Hale, and his smug face, was looking at me from in between the crowd before making his way over.

"Carson," I greet, we do our handshake from the 'old' days and give each other a small hug.

"I can't believe you're here, what's the occasion?" he asks.

"Wanted to get away from the big city for a night," I tell him, he nods and greets Jacob as well.

"I don't even need an introduction for you, I'm a huge baseball fan," Carson says seeing Ian, Ian gives a tight smile at him and nods.

"Sorry about him," he says referring to the young ticket salesman, well, saleskid. "Jackson's new to the club."

"Jackson, they don't need to pay. Caitlin here is a legend," he says to him. Jackson looks at me before slowly recognizing who I am.

"Crusher Cait?" The kid says, "Holy shit, I-I can't believe you're here, I-I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you," he stumbles over his words, it's adorable.

"Hey, don't sweat it, I haven't stepped foot in here for quite a few years, glad to know I can still make news around here," I tell him.

"Great, let's get you front row seats, you have to be introduced, we still have half the upperclassman here, the guys we'll be stoked to see you, plus Bianca's here," he says referring to an old high school friend.

Carson pulls us through the crowd, placing us in front.

"Guys! Look who I found," Carson yells down the seats. I see all three of them look over, and in less than five seconds they were surrounding me.

"Cat!" they all cheer, Chris lifts me up and swirls me around. I start laughing uncontrollably while Jacob sighs and tries to ignore it. Ian watches, his jaw clenched. Was he jealous?

"Okay okay, put me down," I tell him. I look at Chris, Matt, and Jeremy. They grew up, they were only a year older than me but they looked different, they were men now.

"How's Seattle little miss photographer?" Matt jokes, I roll my eyes at him. Matt was always a softie, he had every girl drooling over him but he never settled down with them, always said they wanted his looks and not all he had. He had that classic boyfriend look, brown eyes, light brown hair and a great smile.

"It's good, refreshing," I tell him. I turn to Jeremy who's staring at Ian. Oh, I forgot how much Jeremy loves baseball, they all do but Jeremy is part of the reason I was a photographer, he dragged me to a basketball game and after that I attended every one to photograph it.

"Uh you guys know Jacob," I say, Jacob gives a weak wave at them, "And I'm assuming some of you know Ian," I say. They all looked at me in surprise.

"After every athlete that tried getting with you in high school, you finally caved for a pro baseball player?" Chris asks, his dark brown eyes staring at me.

"We're not together, he's Jacob's friend," I tell them.

"Good, you didn't cave for high school athletes, don't cave for the pro ones, I've heard they get around," Chris continues, "No offense," he adds to Ian.