꧁ 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

FEBRUARY 14TH OR VALENTINE'S DAY was always special for Skyler Salvatore; Kol Mikaelson made sure of it. But Kol wasn't here this Valentines, he was miles away with the rest of his siblings while she was stuck in her very own hometown of Mystic Falls with only her brothers and his little friends for company, but they were clearly not the company she wanted and that was obvious even if they didn't know who she really wanted for company.

The second she woke up, she knew something was off, she knew it in her heart, and then she looked at the calendar and she knew why. It's Valentine's day, the day meant for love, and her husband wasn't here. She didn't blame him, she didn't blame anyone but she missed him and he had always made the day so special for the both of them, so much so that she didn't know what to do without him here. And then she saw her brother's friends in the living room and her day just got worse, she had groaned and glared at them all the entire time she was down there, despite only being down there for a few moments as she made her morning cup of coffee which was substantially more than her usual cup.

"Skyler, Sky," Damon called stubbornly ignoring the way Skyler tried to ignore him

Skyler sighed as she turned into the living room, her cup of coffee being too hot to drink yet, she glared at Damon and held onto her cup tightly, wishing she could drink it if only to give herself enough energy to deal with him. "What do you want Damon?" She asked coldly/

Stefan gave her a confused look, not used to her being cold to Damon, while Damon just pouted, not taking her coldness seriously, "Ouch why must you be so cold to your only brother?" He asked dramatically.

"I'm her twin." Stefan pointed out with furrowed brows.

Damon waved him off thinking he would gain a chuckle from her sister only to receive a mere eye roll. An eye roll!

"Why so cold on this lovely morning sister?" Damon asked with a smirk.

Skyler decided to hell with it as she took a sip of her coffee, ignoring the burn because what was the point of being a vampire if her healing couldn't heal a simple coffee burn?

"Do you not have a Valentine's?" Damon asked with a pout, speaking as if he was talking to a little girl.

Skyler flinched at the V-word, grateful that her cup hid it as she pulled it away from her mouth and glared at her brother. "Not in the mood, Damon." She told him before swiftly going upstairs, planning to hide from everyone for the rest of the cursed day that she usually loved.

Damon and Stefan gave each other a look, they didn't know what was going on with their sister but they knew her enough to know that it would be best to leave her alone, at least until her coffee kicked in. So, they did. They left her alone and went on with their day until there was a knock at their front door.

꧁꧂

Skyler was laying on her bed watching old rom coms with all the lights off and her curtains closed tightly, leaving her room in darkness. She wasn't sure what time it was, which was fine with her. She just wanted this day to end.

And then there was a knock at her door.

She groaned and paused the TV before calling out to whoever dared to interrupt her day of romcoms and loneliness, "What do you want Damon?"

The door opened and she blocked her eyes at the light that came in with it, she had almost hoped it was Kol, and then she heard her brother's voice, "Relax sister, I come in peace."

Skyler groaned and opened her eyes as Damon shut the door behind him. "What do you want, Damon?" She repeated.

Damon smirked and held up a box, "You got a delivery." Skyler sat up, immediately interested, "No letter, must be a secret admirer." He said teasingly as he set the box down on her bed before looking at the TV. "Old romcoms?" He questioned, "One tub of ice cream and you'd be a typical teen."

Skyler rolled her eyes, promptly picking up the closest pillow and tossing it at his head, he caught it with ease.

"So, are you going to open it?" He asked curiously.

Skyler shook her head. "Why would I?" She responded, settling into her bed again. "Probably just some vamp who thinks they have a chance because of one night."

Damon cringed at the thought of his little sister with a guy, quickly taking his leave.

Little did Damon know, the second he left his sister grabbed onto the box and nearly tore it open, knowing exactly who the box was from. Inside the box was a bouquet of red roses similar to the ones in the garden of her favorite Mikaelson home, she picked it up with a soft smile before setting it aside upon seeing more in the box.

There wasn't much else, she might have missed it if she hadn't looked at the box again, however, wrapped in white tissue paper was a small box. She picked it up as if it was glass and carefully unwrapped the box, a complete contrast from how she treated the bigger box. Beneath the tissue paper was a small jewelry box colored dark red with the Mikaelson family M stamped on in gold. She lifted the lid and found a beautiful silver heart-shaped necklace. The rim had small white diamonds however Skyler's favorite part was the back where it had 'M' engraved, it was simple but elegant and she loved it.

Her smile grew as she put on the necklace, holding it in her hands almost protectively. She went into her drawer and searched for her second phone, finding it with ease. When she picked it up, she found a message from Kol waiting for her.

Koala
Did you get your present yet?

Skyler smiled fondly as she sent her mate a response.

Skygem
I did

Koala
Well, do you like it?

Skygem
I love it Kol

Kol
Good, my gem deserves only the best.

Skygem
I love you

Kol
And I love you
And now, you'll always have me and my family with you no matter the distance

Skyler looked down at the necklace that laid perfectly on her neck and smiled. It was cheesy, but Kol knew how much he missed him and his family and wanted to comfort her as much as he could when being forbidden to go to her.

Kol Mikealson always made Valentine's Day special and, although it was different, he had made this Valentine's Day amazingly special as well.

꧁ 𝟷,𝟷𝟻𝟹 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ꧂