꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝: 𝙰 𝚅𝚒𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚘 𝙺𝚒𝚕𝚕 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?"
Bonnie asked to the person on the other side of the phone as she walked the halls of the school alone, "You dumped vervain into the water supply? Where did you even get it?"

"I have my sources. I'm also reinstating the curfew and canceling all town events."

"Dad, there's a dance tonight." Bonnie complained.

"Not anymore."

"Are you serious?" She questioned in disbelief.

"Honey, I'm trying to protect you, not punish you. The well-being of this town is my job now."

"No! Dad, it's mine and I've been doing fine without you getting involved." Bonnie told him sternly.

"You've been doing fine? Would you like me to read you all the names of the people who have gone missing or died in tragic accidents, in your senior year alone? Head straight home please, we're having a family meeting." Bonnie groaned, hanging up.

Just as the witch was about continue walking after she put her phone away, Kol arrived, pushing her against the wall and holding her there with a hand over her neck as Skyler walked up casually behind him, her hips swaying as Bonnie stared at the two in shock and fear.

"No one can find the cure if you're too dead to find it." Kol said lowly before he lets his fangs come out, however before he could attack she used her magic to break the bones in his hands and body. Skyler cried out as the balloons in the hallway popped, lockers flew open and papers flied out of them, alarmed Bonnie ran off leaving Skyler and Kol alone in the halls of Mystic Falls High School.

________________

Hours later, it's night, the sky is dark and Kol and Skyler are walking down a street chatting casually when Kol's phone began to ring, he answered it as he and Skyler continued walking.

"Jeremy Gilbert." Kol answered with a smirk, "Nice to see I'm still on your speed dial, mate. Hey, you want to meet up at the batting cages in Denver?"

"Actually, it's Elena Gilbert."

"What a treat." He smirked, looking at Skyler who was listening in unashamed, "Yeah, I was just thinking of all the clever ways I could have your brother killed, but I'd settle for ripping off his illustrated arm instead."

"I need to talk to you -- in person." Elena demanded, "I wanna call a truce, in the name of Silas."

Kol paused, Skyler stopped too, looking equally as confused and curious as he did. "You want to talk about Silas?"

"And Samara, his twin." Kol's brows knitted together in confusion, even though he hadn't heard of Silas's twin before. "I'll meet wherever you want. I'll come to you."

"I'll tell you what. How about I come to you?" He responded as he rang the Gilbert's doorbell, "If you want a truce, open the door and invite me in."

Kol waited a moment as he watched Skyler out of the corner of his eye, she was waiting patiently, tapping her foot on the wooden porch, "I'm waiting. Let me in and let's tall truce."

"Hello?" He called impatiently.

"Wouldn't that be kind of stupid to invite you in?"

"On the contrary, I can't kill your brother with my own two hands, or I'll suffer the hunter's curse and spend the next 20 years trying to off myself in gruesome ways. And I've heard that vervain's back in town, so I can't compel you to kill him either." Kol told her conversationally, "So I think it's fair to say you're semi-safe for now."