꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛: 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝙻𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZZZ

Skyler groaned as she rolled onto her side, reaching her hand out blindly for her phone, "Turn that bloody thing off." Kol grumbled as he buried his head in the pillows.

"I'm trying." She responded tiredly as she finally found it. She opened her eyes reluctantly, going to decline it no matter who it was when she saw Klaus's name on the caller ID. "What the..." She answered the call before she finished her sentence, sitting up she pressed the phone to her ear.

"Finally you answer." Her best friend -- her dead best friend -- said to her in form of a greeting.

"Nik." Skyler said in surprise, "You're alive."

"Yes, yes. I'm alive. Catch up, love." Klaus responded, no doubt while he rolled his eyes.

"Right, you called for a reason besides telling me you're alive." Skyler narrowed her eyes, she was not ready to deal with this at this wretched time otherwise known as... Skyler glanced at the clock and winced, 2 PM. "What do you want?" She asked Klaus instead of focusing on how she and Kol managed to sleep in so late, though she was not complaining.

"I need you to come back to Mystic Falls."

Skyler shook her head immediately, "No. No way. I'm done with Mystic Falls, Nik."

"Come on, come back one last time. For me."

_____________

"You're going back." Kol pointed out as he stepped into the room after getting his breakfast; a nice blonde mate who got a little too handsy with Skyler the night before.

Skyler sighed as she looked up from the small bag she was packing, "I have to, Kol."

"I thought we were finally leaving that town behind." Kol told her pointedly. He made it clear he wasn't happy about her going back, but she knew he wouldn't stop her either.

"We were. We are." She corrected herself, "I'm just going back one last time. Someone's gotta save those idiots."

"And after that?" He asked.

She smiled as she stepped away from the bed and went to him, grabbing his hand in hers as she looked up into his eyes, "After that, we leave for good. Together."

_____________

"Skyler! You're here." Rebekah smiled as her sister-in-law walked into the Mikaelson home in Mystic Falls.

"Well, I'd say it's good to be back, but..." Skyler smirked as she brought Rebekah into a hug. "You guys are really lucky I love you."

"Time away has made you soft." Rebekah responded with a smirk of her own. "How was... Paris, was it?"

"London." Skyler corrected, "It was good, the trip wasn't long enough I'm afraid."

"That would be my fault." Klaus called as he walked down the stairs to greet her, "Skyler." He said as he stepped down the last stair and came face to face with his best friend.

Skyler smiled upon seeing her best friend, back from the dead. "Nik." She said, walking up to him and bringing him into a hug whether he liked it or not. Klaus stood there awkwardly for a moment before he hugged her back.

"Hello love, nice to have you back." Klaus told her as they pulled away only to have Skyler punch him in the arm, "Ouch. That tickled." He pouted.

"You didn't have the decency to tell me you came back from the dead." Skyler deadpanned, "I watched you burn, Nik. You're lucky I haven't staked you yet."