꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"TONIGHT IS THE FULL MOON."
Elijah told them, "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"Elena said that the sun and the moon curse is fake?" Stefan asked curiously, sitting in an armchair while Elena sat on the couch beside him and Skyler stood beside Stefan on his right while Elijah stood in the center of the sitting area, "That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline." Elijah explained, "The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... he'll be a true hybrid."

Elijah looked at Elena with the last words causing both Stefan and Skyler to look over at her just as Damon walked in.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon questioned as he walked up, "We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"Damon..."

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena refused immediately.

"I'll write her a great eulogy."

Skyler let out a small snort which gained her a glare from Stefan.

"It's not an option, Damon." Elena told them sternly.

"All right, how do we break the curse?" Stefan asked Elijah trying to turn the subject away from the topic of Bonnie.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." Elijah explained.

"The moonstone."

Elijah nodded in confirmation, "A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena questioned in confusion.

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah said as he took a wooden box off a nearby shelf, "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger... to the point of your death."

The room went silent as Damon and Skyler looked over at Elena, Stefan took his girlfriend's hand into his as she looks at him.

Elijah opened the box and takes a jar out of it as Elena looked over at him, "And that's where you come in." She commented.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." He told them.

"So I'll be dead?" Elena asked.

"And then you won't." Skyler said, telling her the obvious, she did jazz hands, "magic."

"That's your plan?" Damon questioned Elijah, "A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" He looked over at Elena, "You want to come back to life, what about John's life?"

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgangers are a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work." Elijah pointed out.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir." Damon responded, looking at Elena, "What if it doesn't work Elena?"

"Then I guess I'll just be dead." Elena shrugged.