C~64: Home To Come

"Jean, I'll be fine."

"I know, but she killed S-Sasha-"

"Jean...let me take care of it." I reassure putting a hand on his shoulder. "Go to the main deck and help signal landing...I can take care of myself." I state. Biting his lips, he sighs, nodding before moving away from the door. I understood his pain, his reason, but even still, even if trained to kill, they were still kids.

Stepping inside the room, I close the door behind me quietly before stepping over to the two. The boy was calmer than the girl, but both stared up from their bound states as I sit across from them. "Hi."

No response.

"It's very nice to meet you both, Flaco and Gabi, you know me, I'm-"

"I know what you are." Gabi snarls, "You're a devil, the queen of them no less."

Straight to the point, huh? Nodding, I respond, "That would be correct...listen, I'm gonna hurt you, I would never raise my hand to a child." I begin pointing to the door. "But some others see you as enemies."

"Aren't we?" Gabi growls, "You see us as enemies; we see you the same."

"Gabi, we don't have to be enemies." I start letting out a breath turning to Falco. "Reiner, Annie, and Bertholdt were never enemies." I try. Falco looks up at this; at least I could get a calmer response from him. Gabi, however, is more problematic. "Bullshit! Reiner tells us every day what devils you are!!!"

"Did he tell you Bertholdt and I fell in love?"

As the words leave my mouth, it feels like so long ago that is maybe fiction. Gabi scoffs, shaking her head. "Love? You're a liar!" she screams. Raising my brow, I fold my hands together. "I'm the liar? No one's lied. They've only kept secrets onboard this aircraft that would be my brother and mother...You would know them as Zeke and Andrina."

Casting as if a shadow over the sun, Gabi's eyes dark in hatred as Falco just stares quietly "You both and I are very similar...at some point in our lives we have been forced to grow up, but I admire you both for the fact you had that chance so young. You kids chose to be in this war-"

"We're not children!"

I have no kind words left. Gabi is unpredictable; they both are.

Biting my lip, I lean in close. "I beg of you both, please don't yell those things...When we land, you both will get hate and be trialed." I explain before kneeling before them, "My goal is to get you both trialed as children, not as criminals of war, but you have to act the part." I instruct. Suddenly a jolt runs through the airship signaling a landing; standing, I finish, "I will try to make sure you both are seen as innocence to war, seen as children. I can't do that if you both rebel and fight this."

Making my way to the door, it opens as two guards, along with Jean, return. Giving him a look, he sighs, "I get it, their kids."

Giving him a small smile a nod, "So were we...once."

Heading out the door, I see Hanji leaning against the wall. "Did they cooperate?" she asks, concern lacing her voice. Putting my hands on my hips, I swallow. "I think good enough-" my hand flies to my stomach as my other arm braces me against the fall. "Ah! God!"

Squeezing my eyes shut, I feel Hanji's arms hold me steady "Kidda, hey, it's okay! It's just passing! Once we get past everyone, I'm gonna give you a check-up, okay?" she promises as my grip on the rail becomes tighter my breathing rapid "It hurts!"

"I know! I know! But it's gonna pass." assuring this, she grips my hand as I begin to feel the pain melt away. Coughing a bit, Hanji rubs my shoulder as my breathing returns to a normal state. "Why won't it heal?" I plead.

Hanji shakes her head. "I don't know. Maybe your mom knows something we were never able to find."

"I can't do that to her, Hanji," I state, standing straight. "We should...everyone's waiting." I end. Hanji gives me the same look that she always gives me when this happens before sighing and nodding. The two of us move to the ramp where outside the bursts of sunshine warm you're skin as soldiers reunite with friends.

A smile braces my lips as I scan over the sight "Kidda!!!"

My grin grows even more significant as I rush down the ramp and kneel down to have Rin and Suka clash with me. Rin throws her arms around my neck while Suka hugs my shoulder. "We missed you! We were worried!" the two state making me laugh. "Aw, I missed you both so much!" I cheer, kissing the sides of their heads.

Pulling back, I give them a joking glare. "Were you good for uncle Kenny?"

The two begin laughing, causing me to giggle.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?"

Standing, I meet the eyes of the man who raised me. A smile braces his lips as he takes me in his arms. "I've been looking all over for you, Kid." he chuckles as we hold the moment before pulling back. Nodding, I continue, "Kenny, there's someone I want you to meet." I start taking his hand and bringing him over to the ramp where Andrina has just begun her descent.

Stepping back, I watch as the two lock eyes, blinking a couple times; Kenny takes off his hat either out of respect or shock. Andrina smiles as she continues her way. "You sick, twisted, idiotic, bastard." she names, placing her hands on his shoulders. "I could never thank you enough," she whispers as the two embrace.

After years of separation, a Fritz and Ackermann are together once more.

"What's that?" Suka begins pointing. Turning over, I see soldiers carrying Sasha on a lift down the ramp. Holding their shoulders, I shake my head. "I-It's nothing, why don't we head inside?" I gulp, but Rin doesn't budge as her eyes stay glued to the stretcher. "Is that Sasha?"

My throat is dry as I struggle to answer.

Feeling Rin begin to move, I quickly got onto my knees, holding her. "No-Rin! I-It's not-" I swallowing the tears brim my eyes as she tries to wiggle out of my grasp. But I've been trying to hold her back that Suka slipped out and ran forward. "Suka!" I call, trying to keep my hold on Rin.

The 12-year-old boy rushes forward, tears streaming down his face as he yells out, "Sasha!"

He's pulled to the side as another figure kneels like I am and holds his back. "Suka, stop!" Levi states, holding his arms. Letting out a sigh, I turn back to Rin, who was also crying. Trying to smile, I hold the ring on the necklace around her neck. "Look! You did it. You kept it safe! You kept your promise, okay?"

She nods, sniffling as I hold her cheek and continue, "Okay, and now we gotta be strong for Sasha? Can you do that?" I ask. Biting her lip, she nods. "Yeah. Okay." she whimpers. I nod back. "Okay? Okay." I cry, pulling her into my arms.

Stroking her hair, I rock her in my arms. "I promise, I promise Rin soon...soon this will all finally be over."