Chapter Nine~Eren's Challange

As we sat at breakfast the next day everyone was talking about Eren. Which I didn't understand until I saw him.

Banged wrapped around his head, he looked like he had come back from a war, I sit down across from him next to Armin "Eren what happened?" I ask. Mikasa sighs "He can't figure out how to work ODM, today's his finale test." 

My eyes grow wide "Eren if you can't figure it out, you'll be sent to the fields." I say.

"I know I just can't figure out the balance," says Eren irritated. I chuckle a little and stand next to him "It's not just balanced. When it comes to hovering your core lifts you up." I say pointing to my stomach and chest "And then you need to relax your shoulders which creates distributive tension." I explain.

Eren smiles determined and nods, I knew he could do it he just needed to learn.

"I see you gave Eren some pointers," says Reiner to me as we walk down to the Trainers. Reiner has short blond hair, gold eyes, and a defined facial structure. His large height, broad shoulders, and serious expression give him an intimidating presence.  

"Yeah I mean I've done this sorta thing before back when I lived in Shiganshina," I explain. 

"You lived in Shiganshina?" ask Bertholdt. Bertholdt was a rather tall, slender man. He had short, dark hair, pale green eyes, thin eyebrows, and an elongated face. The two were also nice to me and acted closer to my supposed age.

"Yeah, all five years of my life," I say. 

"So you were there when it happened?"

"Bertholdt, Kid probably doesn't want to talk about it." starts Reiner. I look between the two, I mean they were just asking probably to know why I was here "It's fine Reiner. What do you want to know Bertholdt?" I ask.

"Well um...um can I ask just a plain overview of what happened?" ask Bertholdt. I nod as we walk "Well that day, Ace, my mentor. He had a surprise for me, that day was the anniversary of when I woke up so Ace demand it my birthday. He went to light the candle when the first rumble hit after the wall broke I went to go find Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. The boats were full but they were safe so Ace and I ran to the tunnel gate.....with a titan behind us, it grabbed Ace and I was so close to pulling him free and into the gate to safety. That was until the Armored Titan showed up I was almost killed until a Garrison Gaurd I knew took me over to the wall and onto the boat, leaving me with the shrill sounds of Ace being eaten.....Yeah."

I feel a hand intertwine with mine and look over at Bertholdt, I give him a smile and he freezes "Something wrong Bertholdt?" I ask, with his other hand he rubs the back of his neck "Um yeah I just, you have a really pretty smile."

What? Smile? I lightly blush "No ones ever said something like that before." I state, why was I reacting this way! Reiner puts a hand on both our shoulders "Look at you two blushen' over each other! By the end of the next couple of years, I bet you two will be married!" he shouts laughing.

What? It's not like that "No no no! Bertholdt and I are just friends!" I exclaim "We've only known each other a week Reiner!" says Bertholdt. We let go of each other and try to hide our blushes, once we get down to the Trainers and everything died down I stole a glance at Bertholdt who was trying to talk Reiner out of the idea of us being together.

I had to admit Bertholdt was kinda handsome. What are you thinking Kid!? Bertholdt's your squadmate, plus you're here to learn not to date!

"Eren Jaeger!" Shadis yelled as Eren was hooked onto the wires. Eren was lifted and started to balance but then too much disappointment, Eren fell, hard. 

"Lower him," Shadis said.

"WAIT! I CAN DO IT!" Eren pleaded. Wait! His gear was all jacked up at the buckles "Sir, it's not Eren's fault his gear is all messed up! Here take mine." I say handing it to Eren who smiles thankfully.

They lift him back up "I CAN DO IT!" Eren yelled excitedly as he kept his balance perfectly. After everyone had tried it out, most made the cut, Shadis but did tell a large number to pack their stuff since they didn't have balance. Everyone left cheered for Eren, we all smiled. He could do it, we were gonna fight titans together. I could still protect him. 

The people here are the people I value.

We were gonna grow stronger.

In the years to come, we could do this, we would kill them.

That's my dream.