Chapter Twenty Six~Wake Up Call

We sat inside the tower of the castle a small fire was going, but we found provisions. I shiver in the cold considering I only was really wearing a crop top so my bandages wouldn't sweat and get infected. 

But without the bandages, it was fucking cold. I lay on my back next to the fire as Christa begins during the routine to treat the gashes and light skin on my torso. Since there wasn't much around we had to boil leaves with the same properties as the medicine.

I suck in a breath and Christa lays them on, they were hot. Ymir walks over with some boiled herbs which was supposed to be soup, I wasn't complaining I was hungry!!! She kneels down and places my head on her knee.

"How am I supposed to eat it like this?" I ask. Christa holds one of my arms down "Don't move the leaves need time to take effect and I need to clean the other wounds."

I stare up at Ymir "I'm gonna feed it to you, like the baby you are."

You know what, fuck it!

"Fine! I'm really hungry so whatever."

"I want you, kids, to they and get some rest. There shouldn't be any titans crawling around at this time of night, but we'll take turns keeping watch. Be ready to leave four hours shy of daybreak. And I want Kid fully re-patched by then." says Gelgar.

Christa looks up from me "Excuse me. What if it turns out that Wall Rose isn't actually compromised? Where do uh-Where else could they be coming from?"

"It's our job to find out. Starting tomorrow," says Gelgar walking up the stairs to the top of the tower. Christa goes back to working on me, while Ymir begins to feed me "I'm just saying. The situation isn't good, sure. But is it as bad as we think? Never know right? That's all." finishes Christa.

"She's right we haven't seen any titans, only the initial sighting and relatively only a modest handful," says Nadaba. Ymir looks over at Conny for a second "Conny? What about your village?"

"Totally destroyed. It was crushed to timber and bits of rubble."

"I-I'm sorry!"

"Nobody got devoured, though. Looked like they all got out, so there's a silver lining, at least."

"I thought that you said it was destroyed?"

"Well, the houses and stuff were, but the people themselves must've all escaped. I mean, they had to. The thing is we didn't see any blood anywhere. Not so much as one drop. That's the only possible explanation. Still, though. Something I can't get out of my head, there was a titan on top of our house. Just lying there. Staring at me. It couldn't move on its own, thank god. But, I just-I have no idea why, but it reminded me of my mom. Am I crazy?" 

Ymir finishes feeding me allowing me to look over at Conny, his mom a titan. The idea wasn't that crazy, I mean every time I go to kill a titan I hear someones voice. Reiner turns to Conny "Conny, what I tell you. It was your imagination-" 

"ARE YOU FOR REAL!!!" shouts Ymir falling into an uncontrollable laugher "You actually think your mom might be a titan? Oh, honey! As itty-bitty as you are? Please! We all knew you were dumb as a bag of rocks, but this? Whoa, ma! This takes it to a whole other level!!!" shouts Ymir still laughing. Conny snaps out of it and shoots her a glare "Ha-ha. Yeah. Have fun! Guss, I was kinda asking for it."

"Don't stop there: If mother darling's a titan, it's only logical to assume dear ol' Daddy is, too. Basic biology. Think about it. How else-"

"Okay, I get it! Shut up and go to sleep!"

After the whole argument, Ymir went to go find more food and a little bit after that Reiner went to go find her. I hiss as Christa takes the leaves off and warps clean bandages around me "There all done."