Chapter Fifty-Three~Ymir's Dream

My eyes shoot open in a cold sweat. I take a breath and look around, I was in my room in Trost.

I remember now, we made it back last night, there was a big welcome. I look over to the bedside table and see my necklace. Was I me? Was that mom's life?

I jump hearing the door open, Levi runs in fright and takes my hands "What happened? I heard you scream-"

"I'm in Trost?" I ask. Levi looks confused and slow nods. I sigh "Okay, I'm me again. I think I just relived my mother's memories." I explain. Levi sighs "Eren woke up two hours ago and he had relived his fathers."

I begin to relax thinking it over "Most of what Rod said was true. She made me like this and then left i-...she left...beyond the Walls."

Holy shit! I quickly begin to get dressed. Levi grabs my arms and steads me at the point of having pants and a shirt on "What?"

A big smile comes to my face "My moms alive...beyond the Walls."

I try to move, but Levi keeps his hold on me "Okay calm down. We can't just go rushing out there, we have a meeting starting soon and you being queen need to look presentable. So you're not going to rush out in your Scout uniform you are putting on the jacket and the royal signet understand."

Well, he was right I couldn't be barreling out there. But it was so hot and the jacket was hot. I give him an annoyed face like a pointing child.

"Dressed. Now."

I huff and do as he says putting on the standard green long jacket and the white royal cape on my shoulders. I turn back to him "Happy?" he shakes his head and makes me sit down in front of the mirror "Your hair is a mess and needs to be put straight."

As he brushes my hair I sit and think "Levi."

He hums telling me to go on "Levi. I'm...I'm really very sorry for lying to you. I never for you to find me like that and I feel so-"

I'm cut off by Levi snaking around and kissing the corner of my lip before whispering in my ear "Hey, we're alive, you're alive. That's all that matters.

"At what cost?"

"...I know you miss Erwin, I miss him too. But in the end, it was my call and we wouldn't have been able to get this far without you." he says and takes a step back "Alright I'm done." he says. I look up and see my wave hair in a half up half down style, wow he was good.

"How did you?-"

"Isabel had uncontrollable hair. Someone had to deal with it."

He talked about his friends from the Underground before. He says they would've loved me. Levi holds out his hand and I take it, he pulls me up into his arms and strokes my cheek with the back of his hand "Don't scare me like that again."

 I smile "We'll I'm kinda terrible at keeping promises, I'll try."

He smirks and softly kisses my lips. I never wanted to leave him, mom was right, why should I have to give this up? I hear the door open, but Levi wouldn't let me go. After a couple of seconds, Levi gets a smack on the head from Hanji "Kiss your girlfriend later. Right now we need her to be queen."

I giggle at Levi's annoyance to her as Hanji takes my hands "Have you been informed of the situation?"

I nod "And just like Eren, I relived my mother's life. If there's anything you need form me just ask...The letters, did Kenny get his?"

"Yes, I haven't seen it since I gave it to him...Historia's waiting for you in the library, I suggest you go."

Hanji spoke a little gravy but either way, I went. Opening the door I saw Historia, who hugged me then punched me in the arm for leaving "I'm sorry, but you knew I couldn't sit around."