Chapter Thirty-One~Vengance Destroys Us

The sun began it's set just as we hear a clash of a sword, I look down near Reiner's foot and saw Mr. Hannes?!

The Garrison?

I look behind us to legions of Scouts, MPs, and Garrison soldiers all riding to save us! Some started deploying ODM gear and tried to get through Reiner's armor which proved to be useless. I look over to Eren and see he had wakened up, but snap back to Ymir when I hear her roar.

She had been slashed close to one of her eyes. I look and see Mikasa dive in to get Eren! Not before Bertholdt moves to Reiner's neck and Reiner covers him. I see Mikasa loop back around to strike Ymir. Historia blocks her path.

"Mikasa! No!"

Mikasa dodges landing on the back of Reiner's neck. I turn to her and pull myself out of Ymir's grasp holding onto her titan's hand "You're not going to kill Ymir! You hear me!"

"That all depends on her! What'll it be!" ask Mikasa. She was driven by a sense of having to protect us, it was always hard to reason with her like this "Mikasa that's not right! She'll die if she doesn't go along with what Reiner and Bertholdt tell her to do! She's screwed either way and you damn well know that!" I scream.

"Listen there're only so many lives I can give a damn about. Criel, but that's the world our enemies gave us six years ago. Sorry. I don't have any heartstrings left for you to tug on! If you want compassion, move on! You want fair, though shit! Time's wasting!"

Ymir moves to strike Mikasa, but I hold a hand out "She's not going to do anything not with us here! Okay, Ymir!" I start, Historia looks to me as if what to do. I look ahead to Reiner's neck to see Mikasa, Jean, Conny, Sasha, Armin, everyone.

They all came to save us.

All risking there lives, for what failure because I said I would go with Bertholdt? I could think all I heard was screaming about who's a lier and what's real, what's not.

My friends...no my family, they were real as the world we live in. Which in all honestly might have not been enough, but it meant enough for me to make this choice. I was going home because home is where my family is.

"Guts! Get down from there and take cover!" shouts Mr. Hannes. I look ahead to see Erwin and a couple of captain leading a swarm of titans right to us!!! WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE DOING! My face softens when I see who was riding determine right next to him.

Levi.

He came for me, his face was strained but certain. A face that said I'm gonna give them hell. My friends jump off and Reiner picks up his speed, he was going to barrel right through the swarm of titans!

Okay, everyone is insane today!

A titan looms over me and Historia before Ymir jumps off and begins to tear their napes out leaving me on the armored ledge of Reiner's nape. I hunker down on my knees. There was no way I could grab one to control, I would eat before then and I have no weapons.

"All soldiers charge!!!" I hear Erwin shouts followed by a few words of wisdom. All the Scouts started charge for us, towards the horde of titans around us.

I can't move. Less I can shake these titans, it'll only get worse. Okay, then. Heads up, Bertholdt

Reiner! I can hear him! Just then one of his arms moves from his neck and starts punching titans away. I look back around to Erwin, our eyes lock, he wasn't giving up without a fight "ADVANCE!!!"

BLAM!!!

His arm his snatched by titan who runs away with him, my eyes widen and I hold out a hand "ERWIN!!!" I scream. I didn't matter, he was stronger, but was caught in a titans jaws. People were dying because of me!