Chapter Fifty-Six~Dreams Come True

The snow started melting, the military formally announced that Wall Maria had been cleansed of titans at last. By the time the elevator on Trost's Walls were freed for use, and work had begun on paving the main road, there were flowers in bloom, and butterflies dancing between them.

Maria's refugees were finally permitted to return to their homes roughly a year after what had been called "Humanity's first victory" in Trost.

And so, six years after the Colossal Titan's first devastating attack, the Scouts resumed their expeditions, exploring the world beyond the Walls once again.

Floch has seemed to grow a little more respect for me ever since I voiced my reason, which I do still believe.

Armin and I still have a hard believing that Erwin isn't with us, that he hadn't taken our places.

Eren and I have talked over the idea of what we think had happened. We're not sure what to do or if we can tell anyone.

Kenny couldn't stay moping around the palace forever so in case of an attack by enemy people, he was given the choice to train a new squad to protect our people. But the man never went easy on new recruits.

How are Levi and me?

Still way too scared to ask or bring it up marriage, but our lives were better to consider I can stay with my squad. That leads me to here, riding with the Scouts outside the Walls. We hadn't run into many titans most were inside Wall Maria. To wipe them all out only took a single year. I rode side by side with Mikasa, Armin, and Eren, in a way they had all grown. Like birds flying free.

Free.

That's what I wanted to belive this was.

After a while a red flare is fired into the air "A titan?" asks Jean.

"So one actually showed up? Let's take a look!" says Conny. We all rid over, but there wasn't a fight. The titan wasn't even that mobile, I mean it was big but no bigger than a one-story house and it just dragged along.

Kinda remained me of Rod's titan just very and more ani-climatic? I mean the thing was so slow in its wake grass regrew from it taking so long "Doesn't look like it can move much." I say taking my hat off to scratch my head, careful not to mess up my updo.

Sasha nods "Even with those limbs, it still tried to drag itself to the Wall, bit by bit."

I get off my horse and lay hand on it "Hey! Careful!" shouts Floch. In my mind, I see the face of a man with light hair and blue eyes "He was shipped to Paradise, he's a fellow patriot." I report.

This man must have taken long to get here, we were close. Eren puts a hand on my shoulder "Let's go. We're close."

I nod and we mount our horses riding off despite Floch's questioning to kill it. The man did nothing to us, if anything he fought for us in a way. These thoughts lingered as grass turned to sand.

I tip my hat down to shield my eyes.

Be careful

Her voice, was it really her talking? A memory? I'm not imagining it am I? I look over to see Armin staring up in shock, I look up as we around a giant rock to see...the docking point.

"This is the place where they'd turn the Eldians titan," I state.

"Which means just beyond that..." Eren lingers and my eyes widen, so do Armin's. Behind this was...We keep on riding around reaching a hill of sand, the sun touching its peak. I don't know what pushed me, but I followed the sun.

After another, we reached the top to a grassy cliffside.

In front of us laid water.

Water that stretched as far as the eye could see.