C~70: Toying

"Delicious! I've never had anything this good!" Falco exclaims, digging in.

"Ha! It's better than Kenny's cooking for sure." Rin jokes taking a bit. Suka almost chokes on his water, trying to hold back his laughter. Swallowing, he shouts, "Nicolo, this stuff is great!!!!"

The Marleyan chef grins at the words called to him as he chops up ingredients preparing for the following main dish. Another waiter walks in carrying plates "Nicolo, you've got guests."

"Huh, who is it now?!" he shouts.

****************************************

Nicolo walks into the front very surprised "You guys? What, is it urgent? My hands are full with some customers." he states, pointing behind him.

Hanji holds her hands up in defense "Uh, you can get back to work if you want. It's just we'd like to talk once you're done."

"Talk? About what?"

"Any concerns you have." I play folding my hands before me politely, Andrina nodding beside me. Onyankopon steps forward "They're investigating our detainment. We're hoping you can help."

Nicolo's eyes flash a glint before he narrows them "Yeah, all right." he says, turning to begin to lead us down the halls. A waiter walks past us before saying, "Your majesty?"

Stopping, I look at my group walking away. The waiter takes a second before speaking "Are you here to pick up your kids?" he questions, catching my attention.

Mikasa nods for me to go ahead as they round the corner and out of sight. Taking a breath, I confirm this "Um yes, c-can you take me to them?"

He nods, opening one of the hall doors. "Of course, if you would wait in here." he motions. Stepping in, he closes the door behind me, sunlight dribbles in, bathing the white-clothed table in a warm glow.

Heading over, I cross my arms, staring out into the forest...Zeke really did trick me after I shared everything with him, my brother... Levi's with him...out in the woods with no backup I-

Hearing the door open, I turn beaming, "Rin, Suk-"

My eyes widen at the sight of Eren...

His form is calm as he walks over and pulls out a chair for himself. "Hello, Kidda."

My voice is caught in my throat as I stammer for words "W-Where are...M-My-"

"You're children." Eren begins, his hands folding on the table "But they aren't your actual kids? They're just some kids whose parents were eaten by titans...then again, are we that different."

My fists clench at his words. Was he trying to piss me off? What's the end game, I plan a rescue mission for him, and suddenly it's as if we are at war with our own military again.

"Speaking of which...what was it like to lose your own?"

Freezing at his words, my body can't help but release its tension as Eren continues, "I mean for a while, I thought you and Levi split because you got the idea that it was time to inject the serum! I would have never guessed one miscarriage could lead to all thi-"

"How do you know that?" I demand, "Only Levi, Hanji, and Kenn-"

Eren lets out a long breath standing with a dry chuckle "And you're forgetting Zeke." he speaks, walking over to the wine cabinet, taking out a glass, and facing away, pours out a bottle.

The white tablecloth is all my eyes want to stay on, my mind only drifting to the thoughts of being violated.

Zeke shared my letters to Eren, all of them?

Holding the glass, Eren turns back. "But of course, I don't want to fight, just want to talk," he explains, sitting back down and holding the wine out to me.

Sitting down, I take the wine in my hands with a heavy breath "Talk?" I encourage, staring out the window at the birds that fly free "You broke out. You are also behind the murder of the premiere I'm assuming as wel-"

"How long do you think you can put it off?" he states, clasping his hands together, "Becoming the Control Titan. If we want the test rumbling to work, you will have to turn."

"As far I see, all bets are off the table," I speak shrugging, it was weird, we've all grown up. Eren was taller than me and had grown a sense of God...a true god complex.

"...E-Eren." I choke, my chest rising and falling faster than I would like "Where are my kids?"

"Were you and Levi planning on getting pregnant, or was it a surprise that lead to a disappointment-"

"Where's Rin and Suka?"

"I still remember that moment. Every day you kept insisting you work, push yourself, wouldn't listen to Levi, Armin, anyone-"

"Eren-"

"Didn't even know what you were doing to your body! Let alone a childs life-"

"Eren!" I assert finally meetings his eyes.

Those terrifying green orbs outlined in blue.

Unsettlingly a chill riding up my spin.

Letting out one pant in a quick motion, I take the glass and swallow the wine, let bitter and sweet liquid rushing down my throat, sending a jolt straight through me.

Raising a brow, Eren glances at the empty glass "This is Marleyan wine. Any good?"

"Shut up." I plainly state, gripping the stem of the glass, my eyes move away; this feeling of dread overtook me entirely. Only then did I notice that Eren's hand was cut, the blood already soaked into the cloth.

Hearing gasps Eren and I turn to see Armin and Mikasa with Gabi?

Their eyes are wide as Eren speaks, "Please, join us."

Armin sits furthest to the left, Mikasa to his right, then me, then Gabi, all at Eren's mercy. But they only stare, knowing that whatever games Eren plays, he can win; my eyes surely told that story.

"Conflict isn't necessary to solve Eldia's problems." Eren starts, "Hanji and the others are fine. We're just moving them."

"Eren, we're the ones who wanted to talk," Armin speaks up, asking, "What made you go attack Marley all on your own? Did Zeke and Yelena really talk you into joining them?"

Tick, tick, tick, the clock never stops, every second draining down.

Eren...why.

"I am free."