Chapter Forty-Eight~Bertholdt Or Warrior

Reiner lets out an ear-shattering roar making all of us pause and Eren, still in his titan, stand. After Reiner just falls over again, what was the point of that? Why do that? Hanji yelled another order, but I was too deep in thought.

What card were they playing next?

We all look up into the sky to see one of the barrels the Cart Titan was carrying and it was heading for us! Armin turn to Hanji "Hanji wait! We need to fall back for now! See that barrel? I'm sure Bertholdt's inside!"

I grit my teeth "He transforms we're all dead!"

"Shit! Everyone, move away from the Armored Titan! The Colossal Titan is falling towards us now!" shouts Hanji as we make our getaway. I look over at the barrel, even from here we'll still get caught in the blast!

"REINER!!!"

I turn back to see Bertholdt had jumped out of the barrel and swung over to Reiner. He didn't transform. We all stopped and stared at the steam rising into the sky. I up a hand on Eren's cheek and he looks down at me.

What do you think their plan is?

"It could be anything really, but their goal is to have us. I won't let that happen."

Hanji stands before us "Here we go. Our mission's primary objective just fell straight into our laps. You could call this a stroke of luck."

Moblit gasp "Hey look someones coming are way! It's Bertholdt!"

I stare ahead at him, I started getting nervous.

"The plan is as follows! Armin, you take command of Levi Squad. Protect Eren! Everyone else should come with me. We've got two targets to eliminate!" shouts Hanji, her and her squad zip off.

They were going to kill Bertholdt, I bite my lip and watch as Armin zooms up to her "Hold on! This is the only chance we'll get to negotiate!" shout Armin and he zips ahead landing on a building "Stop, Bertholdt!"

I had to help, Mikasa nods to me and I begin to fly over to Armin. Bertholdt stoped on a tower across the way from Armin "We don't have to fight! Let's talk this over!"

I land a building away and watch "If I agree to talk, would you all be willing to lay down and die!?" shouts Bertholdt, my eyes widen. I had never heard him speak this not since the day he told me he was the only one who could protect me.

"We only want three simple things! Eren Jaeger, Kid, and the death of everyone in the Walls! That's the harsh truth of our situation. Understand? All of your fates have been decided!"

"What? And who is it that decided that?" shouts Armin.

"I did."

"What was that?"

"It was me, Armin! I decided your lives should end here and now!"

I bite my lip "That's a shame Bertholdt because I thought I'd finally get to see the real you again!" I shout. Armin and he turned to me, Berthodlt clenches his teeth and swings onto a rood a little ways away. 

I do as well and stand in front of him, Armin behind me "What's the rush, Armin? Didn't you wanna talk?-"

Bertholdt freezes, sword drawn, when he sees me. I take a step forward "Bertholdt, it's me." I state calmly putting my hands up, his lip begins to quiver "K-Kid..."

I give him a soft smile, the one he said he loved "Sort of, Bertholdt I'm not fully Kid anymore. I know who I am and I know who I was."

"Y-You remember?"