Chapter Twnety~Shitty Day

Next to a field of flowers on a giant frozen lake, the Wall was in the distance. When I walk over to the lake and look in I was younger, about eleven years old.

"Hey Kid, what are ya' doing?"

I turn around to see Ace standing behind me "Standing?"

"Well stop standing and come on! We're going to see the world!" he shouts and takes off towards the wall. I smile and begin running back behind him.

"KID!!!" I hear voices shout, I look over to the side still running and see Mikasa, Armin, and Eren fighting off titans "Kid what are you doing!!! Get over here and help!" shouts Eren. I kept running behind Ace.

What was happening? Were we not free from the titans?

"KID!!!!"

I turn in the other direction and see Levi and Hanji fighting titans as well "KID GET OUT OF THERE!!!" shouts Levi, what? I turn straight ahead to see Ace was still running but he was getting further away, I couldn't keep up!

The Wall kept getting further as well, further from freedom as everyone was screaming my name. A shadow comes over me, I look up to see the smiling titan from years back "No...ACE!!!!" I scream.

The titan begins to reach down for me, but not before Levi flies over and cuts its nape. I here cracking and turn to see I hadn't moved, I was still on the lake. Levi begins to fly towards me, but not before the ice cracks and I fall into the water.

"KID!!!" I hear him shout to me as I'm dragged further and further down. It felt cold and was dark until there was a light behind me. Arms warped around the child I was and I turn around to see the woman from my necklace.

The necklace float in the water still around my neck, she holds it in her hands smiling at me "You found me."

"KID!"

I gasp and sit up from my bed. I turn to see Levi was holding my wrists, he let go's and sighs "You were screaming all night Kid and you slept in." 

I couldn't really hear his words, I was shocked. A hand runs through my hair, I-I had a dream, a real one like when you fall asleep have a dream! "I had a dream," I whisper. Levi looks at me strangely.

"What?"

I didn't care if it was terrifying at all "I HAD A DREAM!" I say with a giant smile flopping back on the bed. Levi does a double-take "You were screaming all night....because you've never had a dream before?"

I sit back up "Well no it was terrifying and horrible, but ever since I dumped out that drink last night I've felt...um...free..." I say thinking, yeah free that's what it was! Levi looks at me with a grim face, What?.......I overslept? I OVERSLEPT!!!

"Oh god, I overslept!" I shout, Levi uses his hand to cover my mouth "Stop screaming brat. Yes but I'm willing to overlook it considering Hanji's two test subjects were killed and you staying asleep makes an alibi for you."

Alibi?

"Get up, get dressed and start your chores," he commands and leaves. He let me sleep so I wouldn't be suspected? I knew he was nice under all that in his own way.

*****************************************************

As I and Eren were doing chores we see the new Scout recruits including Mikasa and Armin. I tap Eren on the shoulder "Look. Hey, Mikasa! Armin!" I shout as the two of us bound over.

"Eren! Kid!" Mikasa says and hugs us. I go down and hug Armin as well "Did they do anything bad to you? Did they examine you all over? Did they psychologically torture you?" ask Mikasa.