Chapter Twenty Four~One Memory

I groan my eyes agisting to the lack of light.

What happened?

I sit up painlessly the covers falling off me, I was wearing a button-up shirt, black pants, and of course my hat. I look around the room to see it was the apartment I woke up in seven years ago. I stand up and my necklace begins glowing.

Can you find me again?

Just then it floats up the diamond shapes locket pointing towards the door, did I want me to follow it? I slowly walk over and open the door and it was nothing like I expected. It was a subterranean city underground.

This was the Underground! The city beneath the inner Wall!

But why was I here? The locket turns to the right so I followed it down the stairs and through the city. This place was dirty and the inhabitants were miserable, so many children who hadn't seen the sun. I stop for a second before my necklace tugs on me to keep moving "Okay, okay, I'm coming."

I came to a stop at a bridge that leads to a bunch of apartments, I walk forward into the small clearing. A door opened at the top of one of the stairs and a woman walks out and down the stairs stopping in front of me.

In her hand, she clutched the same glowing necklace "Hello." she speaks with radiates through my necklace. The two necklaces stop glowing, I point at her "It's you. The woman from the necklace and the voice?" I ask.

"The one you've heard all your life." her voice was kind and sweet like honey. This was her, I couldn't believe it "Do...Do you live in the Underground?" I ask. She holds out her hand and I take it the two of us sit on the steps.

"I did for a time, but that's not why you're here, how much do you remember?"

I look at her confused "About my first time outside the walls or..."

"Think back to the apartment."

"But I remember nothing before the apartment-"

I'm cut off when she puts one of her hands to my forehead "Think back." she says. I look at the ground and think back, wait I began to picture something in my head "There was a staircase, one that leads into the light." I say.

"Like that?" ask the woman standing and pointing, I stand as well across the city was a stone staircase that most likely leads to the surface "Yes that's it! I-"

I turn and look at her before looking back to the stairs a girl was being escorted up them by a man in a black waistcoat, was that girl me? Who was the guy? Wait could we be related? I mean I've never thought about the fact that somewhere I had to have had a mom and a dad, that how kids are born.

"That's me? I was in the Underground?" I ask turning back around, but she wasn't there "Hello?"

Our time was short but I'll see you again

A white glow submerges me before my eyes open and I gasp, Pain shoots through my body and I grab my waist groaning "Son of a..."

I sit up slowly and glance down, I wore a pair of below the knee pants and a shirt that topped a couple of inches below my boobs, I guess it was for the medics because around my whole stomach and waist was bandaged.

I look around, there were a bunch of other beds and it was sunny out. I look to see my hat on the nightstand next to me, I grab it and underneath it was a letter. I pick it up and look it over.

Kid...Brat

It's from Levi.

You might not remember but I found you bleeding out. I'm happy to report that I understood what you meant and you have identified the female titan. We made camp a close to Wall Rose and I rode you here during the night, the rest of your Corps is there too. After the medics took you I left the letter to inform you that we are going to take on Annie in Stohess District.

STOHESS!!!! THEY WENT TO STOHESS AND LEFT ME HERE!!! I look down at the letter and began to read the rest of it out loud "Although I know you are a formidable fighter, and that you are the most efficient way to contact and speak to Eren. It is my choice and direct orders that you did not accompany us for that fact of if you aren't going to care about your well being I am!"

Oh he did not!!! Wait there something at the bottom "PS: The second half of the letter you most likely shouted out loud, hate me if you want, I'm suspending you from mission duty!!!" I shout, no! NO! NO! NO!

"He can't do this to me!" I shout shoving the letter in my pocket and stand up, oh they get to play here in Sina while I'm stuck over here by Wall Rose! I kick the edge of the bed out of anger not hearing the door open.

"KID!" shouts a bunch of voice, I jump and turn around sighs and smile "Hey guys."

Sasha, Ymir, Christa, Conny, Reiner, and Bertholdt run up and hug me softly as to not hurt me "Kid we were so worried about you." says Conny.

"Yeah you were out for a while." finishes Sasha.

Wait, what?

"How long have I been out for?" I ask.

"If you're counting the time you've been here five days. But if you're also counting when you bleed out on the mission seven days," says Ymir. My eyes widen. Bertholdt puts a hand on my shoulder "If you're worried about the others therein Stohess."

"Stohess..." I start coming out of my trance and I remember "Annie!" I shout everyone backs away for a second and I sit on a bed thinking about what I've done. Ymir sits on one side of me "What do you mean Annie."

I look up and meet everyone's eyes, they had a right to know "Annie was the female titan, I know because...I fought her and something strange happened." I recall "Like what?" asks Christa. I stand to pace back and forth remembering.

"Everything went black and white, but the pulse was another heartbeat. And went I fought Annie like that I was faster, stronger like a titan. And then For a second, I controlled Annie by sticking my hand in the nape of her titan. And then, of course, I passed out, but I had this weird dream and-"

Wait that dream was real, I actually had that dream, it was a memory...sort of. I turn back to the others a wide smile on my face "I remember something, I was in the Underground! I had a mom a dad I must have! I...actually...felt...alive." I explain.

Everyone looks at me in shock "I'm not going crazy am I?" I ask. Bertholdt walks up to me and takes my hand "No, we're just glad you're okay. I bet you're hungry."

"Then let's get some food," says Sasha rushing out Conny after her to stop her rampage. I walked out with Bertholdt as all of us went to go get lunch, but I couldn't take my mind off the fact that I remembered something.

Did I have a family?

Were they still alive?

I didn't know, but for now, I did know one thing.

I was starving!