Chapter Thirty-Five~Catching The Past

This couldn't be real!

I saw him be eaten! I heard screaming, but how could he have escaped a titan's clutches with no weapons! But what did he mean saying I was supposed to be dead!

I look over his face again, his body language, how he spoke, it really was Ace! My voice strains to speak.

"How? That titan grabbed you, I heard screaming! I thought you were eaten!" I shout, he puts his hands on my shoulders calming me down "Kid, I'm alive. That titan had my arm and broke a lot of the bones, I feel though God gave me another chance when the amount of blood was so slick I slipped out. But forget about me what about you the Armond bartered crushed you!"

I shake my head "Mr. Hannes grabbed me and flung me over the fall landing me in the boat just in time. I can't believe you're alive." I say. I reach out a hand not sure of what I was allowed to do, I guess it was okay for us to embrace when Ace pulled me into a hug and puts my hat on my head.

We have spent six years alone both oblivious to the fact the other was alive!

Wait! Ace can help us get the others back! I pull away and smile up at him "This is great! You can help us get my friends! Oh so much has happened that I want to explain, but nows, not the time to talk! Oh dang, I forgot about Levi!" I shout and Ace covers my mouth "Quite Kid-Levi? The Runt? You're a Scout!?"

I move his hand and nod "I became a Scout for you...to kill titans...and I know is all of this, who I am has something to do with this necklace." I say showing him, his eyes widen and he takes a step back "Wait! You're the necklace girl! Damn those bastards! I bet they knew ya' had it! And to send me after ya' too."

After me? Wait, who's side is he on? What don't I know?

"KID!!!"

I turn around to see Levi swinging down the bank. Ace pushes me behind him pointing his gun at him "Damn the Runt!!!"

"BOTH OF YOU STOP!!!" I shout running in between the two, they look at me confused "Kid what'cha doing? Get out of the way!" shouts Ace, I hold my hands up and look between the two "Kid what's going on?" asks Levi.

I smile at him "Levi, remember when you asked about my hat and I said I got it from Ace when he died." I start. he doesn't seem to get it but nods "This is Ace, he's alive." I say taking Ace's hand. Levi's eyes widen "Kid...step away from that man."

"Levi, he won't hurt me-"

"Kid, you don't know who this is!!!" he shouts pulling me behind him "Levi what are you doing?"

He points his swords at Ace "I can't believe you fell so low to deceive a girl like Kid, I bet you never even told her who you really are!"

I pull on his arm making him face me "Levi, stop this! That's Ace!" I shout, he grabs my shoulders and shakes me a little "IT'S NOT ACE! HIS REAL NAMES KENNY!!!" he shouts before calming down "It all makes sense now Kid. The K on your hat, how you said he came in seconds after you woke up, the ODMGear! Kid this guy has murdered more MPs then I have titans! He's Kenny The Riper!"

No! Levi had it all wrong this was Ace! Not whoever Kenny is! I push him aside "No! You're Ace! Not Kenny who's a murderer! You would never right?" I ask. Ace's face looked torn, behind him the women from earlier lands and rush over "Captain! You found her! As I said she's the one with the necklace! Eren and Historia are also secure." she reports.

Ace looks down in shame. Wait? He was there captain? He worked for the government? No this isn't the Ace I know! I-I...I didn't know what to think. I look over at Levi and he could see how mentally torn I was, he takes my hand and leans over "We give them the necklace and run, I'm sorry for everything. But we're going to give them what they want okay."