Chapter Fifty Four~Call Me A Demon

"Our foe is the world." states an office, we all face them "That information should stay in this room. If it became public knowledge, there'd be chaos."

"Yes, I concur. Regrettably, we can't let this get out till we fully grasp the situation."

Of course, the MPs want to keep people in the dark.

"Shall we deceive the people once more?" asks Pyxis, we all face him "That's what you're suggesting, right? That we keep our citizens complacent and blind, as the late Kind did? If we do that, then by what ideals did we oppose King Reiss? What right did we have to seize his crown?"

The two sides seemed to be glaring at each other, I didn't know what to do? This was our call, me and Historia's right? I stare down thinking.

"Well, we have no right to keep it from the people."

I look up and turn my head to the source of the voice, as do everyone. Leaning against the wall, next to the window was Kenny "Why should we? Keep them in the dark? Tell them that we've one when the wars just started? If so then we're no different, I'm no different from the people we used to be."

Wow.

Never has he ever spoken like this before, I looked down at Levi and he was even surprised by this. Kenny looks up at me and smiles "Well it's your and Historia's call Kid."

I smile, the people needed to know "Let's announce it." says Historia. Everyone seems to gasp "It's only fair. This is information that everyone once knew before our ancestors stole it from them." she finishes before nodding to me.

"As the people of the Walls, we will all share the same fate. Which is why we must unite now." I say. After our proclamation, the meeting was dismissed. I stepped down from my seat and walked over to Kenny, the two of us embrace and smile.

"You had me worried after I read that report Kid. We're all luck a forth injection gave you the healing aspects of a titan shifter." says Kenny, I nod "Yeah. I should've, you know-"

"Hey, what have I said about regretting things it's not like you could have known what would happen...Plus you got this to me," he says taking letter out of his pocket. It wasn't my place to ask but "What did it say?"

Kenny smiles down at it "Well first off she wrote even insult she could think of calling me, but then she said she never regretted a thing. I finally understand why she left, always thought was because she had enough of me, turns out she had fallen in love with me."

I look at Kenny as his smile turns sad, I remember my dream and look out the window "Does it feel any different, I mean she's alive and out there somewhere, hiding."

He puts a hand on my shoulder "Well, the Kid we raised is gonna find her again one day I bet. I just wish I wasn't such an asshole then, could'a told her I loved her back."

I smile "You did love my mom?"

"I love both of you, you're all the family I have left."

We were together, as it should've been for so long. Kenny considered me his daughter and I to him my father. I look over at my friends and sigh at Levi who seemed to be speaking with Hanji. I guess Kenny saw this because he began to chuckle "God, you two should get hitched already!"

I turn back to him blushing "What? Me? Marry Levi?"

"Well, you love him don't you Kid? Don't say I didn't tell ya' but love isn't something you wait on." 

I shake my hands "I do love him, but it's only been, lets see, three maybe four months..."

When I saw it I realize how far we've come since being cadets.