Chapter Fourteen~Eren!

I quickly fill up on fuel and restock on blades, I take a breath letting fatigue take over. How much longer could we go, we weren't far from the wall but what after? If they break down the inner gate. The idiots at the center will either be overpopulated or seal off the interior leaving us all to die out here.

"You were notably thoughtless back there." says Annie, I look over at her "You did the same."

"But you froze. Why?" she asks prying, one how did she know and two what's it to her "You've never been this interested in another person well being Annie, why start now?"

"So? What if I wanna make some friends before we all die."

"Annie making friends? Now I know I'm dreaming, don't get me wrong you've taught me a lot I do respect you, but if I did freeze that's my business that I'm not ready to share."

"That bad huh? What you think about Eren?"

I scowl at her "Maybe I did." 

"What are you his mom? Seriously you act all big in tough but you're only here because of him."

I begin to walk away, I feel and arm being slung around my shoulder and see Ymir "We really busted them up didn't we."

"We always do...Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Sure anything."

"When this is all over, you think I should stop trying to protect Armin and Mikasa? You know to change up my personality a bit-"

Ymir grips my shoulders tight making me face her "What are you talking about! Why should you want to change yourself! Why live a lie and not even realize how lucky you are!" she whispers shouts at me before stopping and checking herself "I-I mean...d-do what you want, but you shouldn't have to change, your true the way you are." she finishes.

How am I lucky?

For the past years, I always thought back to that first night, how she and Christa after learning I had no memory told me I could be anyone. And then explaining when the three of us got lost in the snow that I didn't have to lie or have a burden of the past in the back of my mind.

I smile "Okay."

All of us leave and climb to the top of HQ and cadets fly off, I stand with Mikasa and Armin on top of the rooftops.

"Look." Mikasa says, pointing out to the Titan with shaggy dark hair. The one that made this possible. The one that whispered in my mind. The Titan was backed up against a building, as many other Titan started to devour its flesh.

"They're... eating it?" I ask, utterly lost.

"For some reason, it can't regenerate..." Armin observed.

"I thought uncovering the truth about that Titan might be to the key to freeing ourselves from this desperate situation..." Mikasa says honestly.

"I agree," says Reiner. He was with Bertholdt, Annie, Jean and Marco. "If they just rip it to shreds like that, then we won't have learned a single thing. We should get rid of those Titans currently devouring it, and at least try to keep it alive."

"Are you insane Reiner!? We can finally escape this deathtrap!" shouts Jean.

"But what if that Titan can become our ally?" Annie declared.

"Well... I-It would be a lot more powerful than any c-canon." Marco reasoned.

"Our... Ally!? Are you for real!?" Jean said in a tone of shock.

I look over to see the titan that killed Thomas. The shaggy-haired one Titan runs towards the abnormal which killed Thomas.

This is for Thomas and everything else you've done!!!

Okay, that sounded a lot like Eren! What was happening to me?

The Titan chomps into the nape of the other, killing it. That Titan seemed extremely angered by that abnormal which killed Thomas. It had Eren's voice, clearly, something was happening to me, but why now?

I've heard one voice before today, but now it's every time I come in contact with a titan....expect that one I can hear on my own as if its thoughts are clearer, more human-

"Eren..." I whisper.

"What... did you say?" Bertholdt asks with bewilderment. The Titan finishes off the others around it without its arms before roaring and falling into the street face first. all of us stare in shock, Jean speaks up "Alright enough of this! Let's leave while we can. We're lucky the ugly bastard didn't get bored. We'd have been next on the menu."

People begin to turn back, but my eyes stayed glued on the nape. I was right "Eren..." I say louder making everyone stop, Mikasa and Armin run back and stare in shock as well.

The nape dissipated and inside was an unconscious Eren. Mikasa and I look at each other before jumping down onto the Titan. I hold Eren as Mikasa cuts him out, we grapple back up laying Eren down.

Mikasa holds him on his knees and hugs him, I kneel down next to her and hug both of them. Eren was alive, I heard him.

I'll Kill them all....Kill them all...

For once this voice is doing something for me. On my own, I would have never guessed it was Eren. We had to get out of here "Mikasa get Eren on my back." I command, she does and I stand with him "Alright, our new goal is to make it back over the wall and I'm not leaving a signal one of any of your asses behind, I will carry you if I have to! Let's go!" I shout and take off across the city with everyone.

We're a team, none of us get left behind. We each grapple onto the wall and begin soaring up. I was slower considering the extra weight. Armin and Mikasa each hook and arm with me to help as we watched the others make it over.

"Why aren't the cannons pointed at the titan?" starts Mikasa, I look up to see they were pointed straight down. They were pointed at us!

"Cause there pointed at us...SCATTER!!" I shout, the three of us jump away from each other as the cannons begin to fire. We dodge and fly over the top of the wall landing on the ground on the other side. I let Eren down, Armin kneels down beside him, Mikasa in front of us.

We stood in horror as the Garrison was there, aiming all firearms and weapons at us.

What... was going on...?

I hold onto Eren when I feel another pulse through my body.

I'll kill them all....

"I'll kill them all?" I ask but see at the same time Eren said it out loud waking up. Armin looks at us drape "Explain what you said! I'm sure they'll understand!" 

"I heard what they said alright!" a soldier yells.

"They said they want to kill us all!"

"She works with the Titan!"

Eren wakes up confused "What's happening right now...?"

I put an arm around Eren's shoulder hold him close firing all of the Garrison a keen glare. In front of us stood Commander Vermin. 

He had a look of pure fear.

My eyes soften in fright, were we a threat? I exhale a breath I didn't know I was holding in before answering "We're the enemy..."