C~72: Return Adress

A/N: hello all my lovely readers this is just a note that part 1 of season 4 has just ended this story will be seen through until the end.

But for now, if there are any fandoms you like to suggest I write a story for please leave them in the comments because I need some ideas, and who better to ask than the amazing people who actually read my work.

Thank you all for reading and have a wonderful day!

~Roses

"Tch, It's not even funny," grumbles Levi running a hand through his hair. "There's another shit head we should have eaten."

"What do you mean?" a soldier of the Military Police asks. Perched high in the trees, Levi stares down upon Zeke reading the same page over in the same book "We'll give the Beast to someone else. We'll make one of the Jaegerists into a Titan and have them eat Zeke."

Turning back to the recruits, he continues, "I can't tell if he's manipulating Eren, but their party's over if they lose Zeke. Go tell that to Pyxis, got it?"

"You're serious, Captain?" the other questions. Levi nods. "The old man will come around once I chop Zeke's limbs off." he asserts, deploying his gear into the trees. Landing with a graceful touchdown, Levi tucks his grips away, strolling over to the campsite. "Enjoying your book?"

"I am. For one, I've read seven times." Zeke truthfully states, meeting Levi's eyes, "You've been eavesdropping more than reading." he accuses. Zeke shrugs. "Can you blame me when I've read it this much? By the way, is there any wine left?"

"Not a single drop left. We've been here a month."

"Good grief!" Zeke sighs, putting the book aside. "You sure know how to torture someone."

Levi narrows his eyes for a second before turning away. "Just read your book," he says, beginning his steps off. Zeke agrees, "Roger that boss, good thing I've got the spare."

Stopping at this, Levi recalls only ordering that the bastard have one book. Furrowing his brows, the only conclusion is that someone defied orders and gave him another work of literature-

"I know I've been working hard." Zeke begins reading from the new book aloud, "Haven't been spending as much time with Levi as I would like."

Grinding his jaw, Levi tilts his head, listening to the words unlike Zeke but very much of someone else he knows.

"Once upon a time, we were supposed to take vows by now, and I lost sight of it all, the sight of what I deemed important." Zeke recites, looking up at Levi, "He's made promises to me. It's time I made more to him...Hanji's got it under control, the plan seems to be working, I just want to take the time to be with the man who I see myself sharing my life with."

Lips parting, Levi turns back only to meet Zeke's raised brows. "What was that?" he questions. Zeke gaps mockingly. "Oh, this?" he starts raising the book "Nothing important, just Kidda's journal. As I like to think, if you won't speak out it, write it."

"That's not yours to go through."

"Neither is it yours to have Levi, and yet this and her ring were both in your bag."

Scoffing, Levi interrogates, "What ring?" his question being answered by Zeke holding up a silver band on a necklace. Levi's eyes flash with nostalgia for a second. The journal must not have been the only thing Suka slipped into his bag.

"She may show a lot of hindrance towards you, but her writings and letters say otherwise."

Levi bites his lip sadly, knowing that Zeke has caught his interest. "Letters? What letters?"

They share one gaze, steel greeting blue "You know her first choice was Erwin."

Eyes widening, Levi tilts his head, very much skeptical of Zeke's words, then his face fades to blank as Zeke explains, "She wrote that in a world where she did give birth she would have named it Erwin, for a boy, if a girl Eriwin...what would have named your kid?"

At this, Levi's face falls. Sure he and Kidda haven't talked so much, but something like something so close to him. Scoffing, he steps over, snatching the items from Zeke. "Give me those."

Turning to walk back, Levi takes a second to look at the ring, it being the same one Kidda gave to him. Letting out a sigh through his teeth, the least Levi could do was put the string around his neck.

*********************************************

"So? All we can do is sit here while it all plays out?" Conny asks, leaning against the bars of the cell, "Armin, could you bust out of here as a Titan?"

Taking a sip of tea, he shakes his head. "No. I'd just destroy the city. Unlike Eren's Titan, the Colossal Titan can't do something that precise," he speaks, staring at Mikasa, who was currently just a blank slate.

Glancing at her, Rin tugs on her sleeve softly. "Mikasa? Is everything okay?"

Armin sighs, looking at Suka, who sat next to him, to Rin, who sat across. "Eren said hurtful things to both Mikasa and your mother. I swung at him, and he hit back."

"Eren hurt Kidda?" Suka asks, peaking up from the spot he stared at from the table. Jean pushes himself off the wall. "He hurt Mikasa? How?"

"Well-"

"Stop." Mikasa instructs, "It's fine."

"No, it's not." Jean begins pulling up a chair between the two kids. "What exactly did he say?"

"Forget it, Jean." starts Conny. "We already know he's a total piece of shit. Now he's lost his mind and hurt the three people he should care about the most."

Jean shakes his head. "I think if he was sane, he wouldn't do it without a good reason. Do you think there's some sort of meaning behind it? Also, how do you even get to Kidda like that?"

Flinching a bit at this, Mikasa looks to Rin. "Did you know?" she asks, causing the girl to tilt her head in confusion. "Did either of you?" she finishes her gaze on Suka.

Conny furrows his brows. "Know what?"

Armin bows his head. "Do you remember that day on the tracks that Kidda got really hurt and we had to rush her to the po-"

"She was pregnant."

Mikasa wastes no second in revealing this fact causing Conny to drop his cup, the china shattering on the ground. "What?" he questions. Mikasa stares at the table. "She was pregnant, and when she fell, the next day she had a miscarriage...that's how Eren broke her."

Looking at Rin and Suka, she wears a pitiful lip. "It's also the reason Levi and Kidda aren't together anymore."

Suka stares, shocked in response to this, while Rin balls her fists "The bastard." she mumbles, causing Jean to shake his head "Rin, you can't blame Levi for something like that."

"I can blame him for whatever I want! He's the one who makes Kidda misera-"

"He just wanted to protect her, Rin." Jean enforces, putting a hand on the kid's shoulder, "One day you'll understand, sometimes adults do stupid things that they think are right...but in reality are just poor decisions that hurt themselves even more."