Chapter Twenty Three~Controling Death

I had more of less control of my body back. One leg was bent up so my arm holding the flaregun rested there, but I doubt it would be of any use. From where I sat the titan's face was clearly in my view and there was no doubt and there was no doubt for a bit she stared at me.

Her eyes wide and her teeth clenched, she was pretty much done for. The metal wires squeaked as she attempted moving her body, but no way was she getting out of there. Bet that's hard of her to take.

The pulsing died down but didn't stop.

But- I promised father

That voice, I've heard it but maybe not that often. I big bang sounds as more wires are shot into her body. Just then Levi went to strike her nape that was covered by her hands, his blades shattered seeing her hands had turned to a crystal

An impressive talent... Hardening portions of your body like stone. Levi annoyed with himself stood on her head.

I looked at her intently "Why give yourself up like this?" I whisper to myself.

You think I've given up

The voice was feminine, though, raspy. I grunt closing my eyes as a pulse makes it way through my body, but not as bad before "You can hear me?"

Duh

"Why not tell me who you are then."

You know me

"So then why hide? You're not gonna get that far when Levi bust into you."

Leave all your faith to him? Seriously, just wait. I mean everyone here because of you and Eren. Oh right, aren't you supposed to protect him? You act all big in tough but you're only here because of him

My eyes widen a bit and stare back at her "What?" that struck a nerve in a wrong way, that voice, I begin to raise my flare gun.

"Kid!" 

I turn behind me to see Petra, she was ready to take me back to the group. I look back at the female titan, I was crazy to think that-never mind it's stupid. I put the flare down and look at Petra "Can you move?" she asks.

I stand slowly as if my limbs are waking up from a long night "Mostly and the pains went away a bit so yeah." I say. Petra nods and the two of us swing through the forest before landing on a branch with the rest of the squad.

"Kid are you okay?" ask Eren, I nod. Something still wasn't right, why tell me that when we've won...have we won? I all turn in the direction of a flare, blue? a retreat signal? What about the female titan?

"That's our queue. Alright, let's saddle up! We're going home!" Gunther shouts. I look over at a  relieved Eren, but this didn't make any sense. We all begin to fly through the forest.

"Well, I'm curious to see who was driving that huge monster!" Auruo shouts.

"You really think they caught her?" Eren ask.

"Of course! All thanks to you guys." Petra says to me and Eren, huh? "Us? We didn't do anything?" I say.

"Of course you did! You learned to trust your teammates! That's something that always works out best for everyone. Imagine if Eren had turned into a titan after all, then where would we be?" 

I smile a little at the idea that I trusted my comrades. We're a squad together, protecting us or not. The mood was better as we flew "Auruo, Petra, I've gotta hand it to you both, for two people who actually wet themselves on their first time out here you guys have really come a long way!" Eld shouts