Chapter Twelve~Flying Off Fumes

I shakily stand to put one hand against a chimney to try and get some stability. What's the point of trying anymore. Without them I don't have purposes, I'm just a waste of space! The only family I ever had is gone! 

All I have left are days I only consider memories and at least I had some.

I might as well just throw myself at a titan!

I hear footsteps behind me but don't bother to turn around, my head felt heavy as my heart. The sounds come to a stop "Kid!" shouts out Reiner. I don't look back "Kid where's the rest of your squad?" asks Marco.

My hand on the chimney turns into a fist and I clunch my teeth "I should have died with them." I choke out not bothering to hold back tears. I didn't need to look to know their faces held either shock or denial.

I hear walking steps that turn into a run before I stumble forward from the force of arms being wrapped around me, pulling me close "Stop saying that, there are people in this world who would never want that to happen." says Bertholdt.

I turn around, wrapping my arms around his neck crying into his shoulder. He held me there with patients and rubbing circles on my back trying to calm me down "Thank you Bertholdt."

"Uh, anytime...come on Kid lets see that smile."

I giggle with a tiny sob and look up at him with a small smile "Awww.....Get a room!" shouts Annie starting of sarcastic. Just then Conny flies over "Guys we gotta regroup, the rest of us are only a few rooftops away."

"Where did you come from?" asks Annie.

"Ymir, Christa, and I found Armin, they took him over to the others."

I quickly step back from Bertholdt and face Conny "Armin alive?" I ask, he nods and runs off to the other "Yeah come on guys!" he shouts back and without a second thought, I follow after him. I touch down on a pod of roofs, cadets were either crying or sitting.

I look over and see Mikasa and Armin. Mikasa looks up at me and hugs me "Your okay."

I run over and hug Armin who hugs back "Kid! You're alive!" he says crying, I nod before confusion takes over "Jean they called for retreat why aren't we scaling the wall?" I ask, he looks up from his pitty and sighs "The supply run never came through, none of us have enough to get over the wall."

What? How? I look over to see HQ swarmed with titans "We can't just sit here and wait to die!" I say. I wasn't going to sit here what good what that do! I'm broken from my thoughts hearing Mikasa "IF YOU WANT TO BE A COWARD AND STAY HERE AND WAIT TO DIE, FINE BY ME. IF YOU WANT A CHANCE AT LIVING FOLLOW ME AND DO NOT. LOOK. BACK!"

And with that, she jumped off. She was gonna get herself killed...not if I had a say in this! I rush and jump off after her swinging through the city alongside her. I knew that people behind me were getting snatched, but I took my own advice and didn't look back.

A scream. 

A gasp. Another. 

A splatter of blood.

I hear a couple of screams and finally turn around to see Conny, Armin, and Mikasa on a roof Mikasa with no fuel. I quickly change direction heading back "Kid what are you doing?!" ask Reiner "Heading back for Mikasa, I'll make it don't worry!"

I quickly slide onto the roof "Come on guys we have to keep moving-"

"Shit! Look!" Conny roared

Two 15 meter classed titans stood across from each other, one with a plain brown hairstyle and sick expression on its face. The other looked intimidating, with a lot of visible muscles, messy dark hair and teal orbs. "This is bad! We gotta get out of here!" says Conny.