Chapter Seven~Faith In ODM

One week.

It had been one week and there were already more than twenty dropouts.

Don't get me wrong the week was full of hikes, runs, weights, and was also a workout for our brains. I think I got more attack knowledge knocked in me then history tactics combined. But as our bodies grew our relationships with each other did as well.

"We're really doing it!" Sasha shouts in my ear as we walk, I don't know if it's that her body finally caught up with her head or she actually got to eat last night. But then again I didn't know what she was talking about.

"Right! What are we doing?"

"We're learning how to use ODMGear!" shouts Conny from ahead of us pumped.

"ODMGear..." I small smile comes to my face, it's been a really long time since I've used it, wonder if I still got it...Ace, today will be putting what you taught me to the test. "It's our main weapon, you can't figure out, then you get shipped out," I say.

"Oh, we'll be fine!" Sasha exclaimed. 

"You'll hope you are," I say. 

"So what you've used it before?" asks Sasha sarcastically. I smile softly before reaching up to my hat laying a hand on the K that remained a mystery to me after these years. We come to a stop in a small valley where five Trainers were set up.

These Trainers were an immobile test for ODMGear, meant to test balance and patience. Each of us got strapped in the gear and stood tall waiting for Shadis commands "Listen up cadets! Today will be a test that will slim down our group by many! ODMGear in your simple minds sounds like a breeze but I'm here to tell you it's not!"

After Shadis little speech people started trying it out. I honestly didn't want to know who made it and who didn't know, I was already nervous about how I would do so I would much rather find out later who makes this cut.

I hold a hand over brows blocking the bright sun so I could look out onto the horizon and a cool breeze washes over me. My eyes widen when a sight washes over my vision, The Wings Of Freedom.

"Kid? What are you gawking at the Scouts now?" ask Conny.

"Cadet Kid you're up!!!" shouts Shadis. I turn and nod walking up to him, as I strap myself in I ask "Sir why are the Scouts here?" 

"Commanders Erwin Smith, Nile Dawk, and Dot Pyxis. Along with there top captains here to look at the lot of you see what you all got," answers Shadis.

"This early?" I start "Don't worry Kid they'll stop by a couple of times, but if you want to know so much why don't you show then what you've got." starts Shadis. My mouth drops open and eyes widen there was nothing I could do that would be considered disobeying.

After calling them over I tip my hat down a little as to avoid eye contact "Commanders and captains I would like to welcome you to one of a couple of visits you will make to our cadet cores. This here is one of our oldest recruits, but also one of the most capable." says Shadis. Wait after just a week this guy who grad cadets are scared of thinks....highly of me?

"Old eh? Cadet how old are you?" asked Commander Pyxis, I quickly salute "No one, not even I know sir. Our best guess is that I'm around nineteen or twenty."

"Guess?" ask Commander Nile "Yes sir, I was found five years ago. I remember nothing from before that." I continue. I really don't know how much I should be saying, I could care less about impressing Commander Nile.

Just then without warning my feet come off the ground, huh? I forgot how easy this was...The only thing I did was look at my feet then back at everyone. A couple of people looked at me in shock at my lack of struggle. 

"Beautiful! Perfect! That's right cadets! You want to see on how to be a model soldier look here at your fellow cadet, she's a flawless example " Shadis yelled. Was I really that much of a model cadet? I guess Ace's lesson really did pay off. After that, I'm lowered to the ground "Shadis if it's alright I would like to test out our cadet here on a more tactical battlefield." says Commander Erwin.

I look over at him and as our eyes meet I freeze. Those cloud blue eyes, I've seen them before. He nodded as if to confirm this "You sure you what to do that to a fresh cadet?" ask Commander Nile.

"I say why not, but only if your up for it," says Commander Pyxis, these two commanders already had faith in me, just a cadet. No, I can prove to them I'm more! I give a small smile and look over at Sasha, Conny, Marco, Christa, Armin, Mikasa, Eren, Reiner, Bertholdt, even Ymir. I turn and nod "I can do anything you throw at me."

"Good, Shadis you mind if we take her to the ODM training grounds?" asks Erwin. Shadis smiles and nods. I get unhooked and Commander Pyxis puts an arm around my shoulder "Come on Kido lets test you out." he says as I get pulled away from the cadets and begin walking with the commanders and captains.