Chapter Eighteen~Trial Of Life Or Death

You're learning, but be carful

Don't fall from grace

My body felt sore, my head was pounding. I open my eyes and sit up to find myself in a room, on a bed, no in the room windows, just a lamp. Suddenly the door open and an MP walks in "Get dressed and come with me."

With that, he leaves.

What?

I see pants, shoes, and a flannel at the end of my bed. I stand up and change looking the mirror, my hat! I look over at the bedpost where my hat was, I put my hair up and my hat on. Where was I? Maybe in the interior, I mean this guy was an MP.

I go over and knock on the door. The MP opens it and motions for me to follow him, we walk down a hall with no window as well. Where was I? Why was I being lead by an MP "So what am I doing here?" I ask.

"You're in the trial," he says not really wanting to talk to me. What trial? For who and why? We come to stop at two big doors. There opened for me everyone inside sits down as if the judge had just finished his opening.

I see Armin and Mikasa look at me from one side and in the middle were two poles on of which held Eren chained. Eren was on trial? Was I witness to his trial? But what did he do-Trost, I remember.

I'm broken out of my thoughts when an MP behind me stops my walking and takes both my hands behind my back "You're not a witness you monster bitch, you're on trial with the other monster." he says.

Everyone in the courtroom looks surprised at this, even I did "What?" I ask before being shove to the pole beside Eren, my arms being lock around my back behind it. I kneel down on one knee and looking up at the judge.

He looks back at me  "Let me say this straightforwardly. Concealing your existence has proven impossible. Unless we publicize your existence in some way, we will have to face another threat besides the Titans. This court is tasked with deciding which force will take custody of you, the Military Police or the Servy Corps. First, let us hear the proposition from the Police." 

Wait so if the MPs win the trial, we're dead. I look over at Armin and Mikasa, even Pyxis was here and none of them expected me to be here as well. A man steps forward from the side of the MPs "I am Nile Dawk, Chief of the Military Police. Our proposition is as follows: We will examine Eren and Kid's bodies thoroughly, then dispose of them as soon as possible. It's a fact that Eren's Titan power and Kid's means to communicate with him repelled the last attack. However, their character induces disturbances that may even lead to a rebellion. Therefore they shall provide us with as much intelligence as possible, then they'll become a martyr for mankind."

WHAT!!!! You think you can use us and then throw us away like trash! I am not someone to mess with that! I'd rather be killed by titans then you people! I wanted to scream and shout, but if I did I risked them taking us away! 

"That isn't necessary. There vermin that breached and infiltrated the sacred Walls of God. He should be killed right now!" shouts a priest, oh it's one of those wall worshipers. Of course, they want us dead!

 The judge bangs his hand on the table shutting up the priest "Next, let us hear the proposition from the Servy Corps." I look over to see Erwin Smith! Well, he is the head of the Scouts. I look over to his left and find a pair of eyes staring back at me.

Captain Levi.

I wonder if he remembered me?

Stop it Kid, this isn't the time just shut up and listen "As the Commander of the Survey Corps, I, Erwin Smith, propose the following. Let Eren and Kid join our ranks. Reinstate them as full members of the Scouts, and we will utilize their abilities to retake Wall Maria. That is all." he says with authority.