C~71: Same Face, Old Personality

Please stop...

My head...

It hurts so much...so much pain...

I want to sleep...let me sleep...

"Hey."

No.

"Hey, it's time to wake up!"

Groaning, I open my eyes, not sure what to make of the sight leaning over me, blinking my eyes widen at the sight of me? The me stares back with a big smile. She wore a Scout's uniform and had her tied up in Kenny's hat.

"Hey there! Man, it's great to see you again!"

Sitting up, I hold my head peering around the room. This was my room when I lived in Shiganshina with the Jaegers, and yet looking out the window, there was only white space. Then, standing with a heavy stretch, the me laughs, "Where are my manners. We haven't met yet, have we?"

"But you're me." I sigh, rubbing my eye.

She laughs again, kneeling in front of me, such a bright ball of energy. "I'm you? I guess we kinda look to same but my name's Kid."

Suddenly there's a bang on the door. Facing it, we see yet another me leaning in the doorway, fist against the wall. Her scowl enough to send anyone running, matching the dark clothing and hat hooked to her belt. "Stop being an idiot, Kid. What did I say about talking to her when she finally came here."

"Here?"

Questioning this must have been stupid since she rolls her eyes lumbering a bit forward. "Where do you think? Come on, tea's made, another unless cup while we waste away up here," she grumbles, walking out. Kid takes my hand, helping me stand. "Don't worry, Kai is always this dramatic."

Kai?

Kid?

They were me I-

My thoughts are jumbled as I'm lead to the kitchen, where I recall so many meals eaten together, so long again. Just then, as the horror crosses my mind, the white of the windows flickers to the day Bertholdt and Reiner destroyed it all. Stumbling back into a chair, panting, I hold my heart as it turns back to white.

Leaning against the counter, Kai laughs a bit at this. "You should watch what you think about in here. One can go a little crazy if you're not careful." they tease. Kid walks over beside her picking up a tray of cups, setting them on the table, and sitting down herself.

"I got to be honest, it's pretty amazing getting to finally meet you, Kidda," she states, handing me a cup before crossing her legs and leaning her chin to rest on her hands. "I hear so much has happened since we found Ace!"

Ace...oh right "You mean Kenny."

Scoffing, Kid leans back, "Whatever, I don't remember that much, and Kai isn't much help since she's a freaking maniac."

"It was only three!" Kaiomay asserts, slamming her hands on the counter, whirling around, showing the number with her fingers, "Only three MPs! Who were also hitting on me for your information! If you actually comprehend that."

Kid crosses her arms, turning her body away as Kai throws an arm out. "Oh, come on! Be thankful I didn't kill Levi or whatever the asshole's name was." she shrugs before realizing something and pointing to me. "And turns out, in the end, I didn't need to kill him! Titans took care of that, didn't they."

Peeking my eyes up, I shake my head, setting the cup down. "What? No, no, no Levi has to be alive. He wouldn't die so easily even if..." it all comes flooding back, Eren, Zeke, Gabi, Falco, everything. Biting her lip, Kai sighs, "Face it, Kidda, Levi may be humanity's strongest but definitely not the smartest."