Chapter Twenty Two~Female Titan B*tch!

The weather was as predicted for the mission.

Everything was set.

And here we were on horseback ready to leave the city into Titan country, but something hasn't felt right all day. Sure there were lots of Scouts and the formation was wide, maybe I was worried because my friends would be up in the front.

While Eren and I were closer to the back center just in front of the carts, surrounded by Levi squad. Besides the Scouts other people surrounded us, anxious to see them go. Erwin was in the front leading the charge, the worst part was he was so far ahead all I heard was shouting.

"Kid," says Levi addressing me. I look over at him as he rides up to my side to lead the squad "Your friends will be alright," he reassures, I shake my head "It's not that, well it is but....I have a sickening feeling, something doesn't feel right."

"Tch, it's just nerves okay."

"But it's not." I plead and clutch a hand around my necklace "I can feel it something bad is going to happen." 

Levi looks to consider this before nodding "If anything else happens tell me, okay Brat." he says, okay the nickname. I throw my hands up "You what I've accepted it my new name is Brat!"

After saying this I hear a small chuckle from Levi as he takes his place in front of me. Just then the gate opens and the rumbling of horse hooves fill my ears. I grip my reins as we begin to ride out speeding up.

The gate was nearing, this was it, the outside. I didn't know if I was experiencing excitement or fear, whatever it was it grew stronger as the gate grew bigger. It the darkness before the light, I close my eyes when we entered the darkness scared was going to happen.

The inside of her eyelids go light signaling we were out. I slowly open my eyes, my hat blocking the bright sun making it easier to see. All this land was once Maria, all of it was once my home. I take a breath in and felt the difference between the stuffy air inside the walls.

Although titan land, it was cleaner, more vibrant, and we were gonna take it back.

"Not a bad reaction for your first time in titan land." I hear Levi say, my smile grows even wider and I let out a joyous laugh and our hide continues.

************************************************************

It's been about an hour and a half since we left the Wall, yes there have been titan encounters once we made it to the open field and switched to the long-distance formation. I didn't know where my friends were and we've been told to make changes to direction multiple times.

Green smoke.

"You know the deal adjust direction!" shout Levi and we do, but like I was before something was off. This was confirmed when I saw three streams of black smoke? Usually, the front squad takes out abnormal instantly!

But for it to be this far in the formation.

Just then I began to feel the pulse not once but over and over again. I felt my knees buckle, why was it so strong! It wasn't like with any other titan or Eren, the sense was stronger as if trained up. I began to hear a whisper in my head.

Rig.....ck.....stu.....outs!

I couldn't hear all of it, it was so quiet, but it was coming and by the looks of it quick!

"Captain..." I start. He didn't answer "Captain." I try louder, he looks back at me for a second "Kid not now I have a lookout for orders!"

I was gonna kill him!!! As he said it green smoke comes up telling up to change direction, the pulse got louder in my ears as the squad turns. I go to yank the reins, but my hands don't respond! What's wrong with me!