12

Sweat was running down my temple as my heavy feet reluctantly moved down the hardwood floor, towards the door. I couldn't stop myself. I was moving towards it, slowly.

Tears were running down my cheeks, while whines left my lips. I knew what was coming and I was so scared.

There was no way to stop it and I knew that. I can never stop it.

I tried to grab the walls of the hallway, grabbing door handles trying to stop my feet from moving further down the hallway.

My heart was trashing in my chest, I felt sick to my stomach and the sweat was running. I felt my airways tightening the closer I got to the door.

Everything behind that door is what I imagine hell is like. I'm in hell.

I start to get hysterical when I'm about three heavy steps away from the door. I scream for help, even though I know that no one can hear me. No one is going to help me, no one can stop this.

I'm stuck here.

"Help me please" I cry for no one to hear me "Please" I try.

I know it's useless, but when the panic and hysteria washes over me, I have no choice but screaming for help.

I'm not ready to see the other side of that door, ever.

I was placed in front of the door, my hand forcing it's way up to the handle. I put my hand on it as I'm hyperventilating in pure panic.

My face is going white, my heart is speeding faster than ever and in any second my stomach is gonna empty. It's in a swirl and I feel the nausea strongly.

My hand press the handle down, slowly. I scream in my closed mouth. I fight to close my eyes, but they stay wide open. I try to scream, but my mouth stays shut. I scream in my closed mouth as the door handle is all the way down.

My hand gives the door a little push, making the big king size bed in the middle of the room visible. It had the same burgundy bedding as always, with the worn out headboard behind it.

I am no longer breathing, I can't get a breath to enter my lungs. It's like my airways were closed. The door slowly, slowly sliding open. That's when I feel an ice cold breeze on my bare arms. the hair stands up.

I feel confused in why there was cold air around me. A harder wind hits me, cold biting into my skin. I tense up even more from the sudden cold. I look around me trying to see where it came from.

A wind hits my face, making my hair blow over my face. I'm still frozen, I can't take my hands up to put my hair away. The hair is covering my eyes, adding to my panic since it's making me unaware of my surroundings. I can barely see anything, all I know is that the cold is making me shiver, it's a cold making my skin hurt.

A loud bang makes my eyes shoot open.

I was no longer in my bed I fell asleep in. I was looking out over the city laying out before me. It still seemed very much alive. There were lights all over, yellow, red, blue. I could hear cars honking in the distant. The Eiffel tower was lit up.

I heard people talking right outside of the hotel. There were people walking on the square right outside. Probably walking back from a night out. I hear laughter, laughing, yelling. It was all in french though.

"Car dans mes yeux, ça se voit"

French is a beautiful language. The people singing along to some song outside calmed me down a bit. The first breath entered my lungs, and my heart slowed down. I still couldn't move. I just looked out over the city in the distance.