62

Louis POV:

"Will you just sit down, you're stressing me out!" Harry says, looking up from his laptop, his eyes following me as I pace around the room. I give him a look and he just rolls his eyes and continues with Avery's phone.

When she left with Lilian I went straight to Harry's room with the phone. He just took it and sat down with it immediately and has been sitting with it for twenty minutes now. I don't know what he's doing with it, because I doubt he would take twenty minutes to move everything over from one phone to another, unless there's some problems. He types on his keyboard and I keep pacing, walking back and forth before him, probably driving him insane.

Avery has been gone for twenty minutes and I don't know what is going on anymore. How the hell did I let this happen to begin with? First we were slacking and she found out, that was bad enough, now she is tangled into the mess we created and I keep missing things that get her into theses situations, I keep missing things that prevent her from being safe when she's with me.

They hung her in her room and my voice saying something that hurtful was just repeating around her for I don't know how long. I barely know how she got out of that curtain. She wouldn't even tell me it had happened and she didn't want my comfort, which I will admit, hurt a little. I had to see her red neck and look at the curtain to put two and two together.

After something like that you almost wish for the person to scream and freak out while crying. It means they're feeling something and are reacting to get it out of their system. Avery sat there and I knew it was a bad sign. She was thinking so much and all her emotions are building up inside instead of letting them out. Thinking that much about it can't ever be good, it's bringing insanity upon yourself. Going through something like that has to be traumatizing, I can't imagine her just being fine after something like that, there is no way.

It did show in the hallway how it's building up. Usually, I don't think she would get angry like that and I don't think she would start yelling in the hallway either. She would probably wait until we were alone and then she would be pissed or stressed, but this time she was livid and her anger was aimed at me — which is probably because of the recording of my voice, it reminded her of the fact that I actually said that.

She's showing that what happened did affect her but she doesn't want it to, so she tries not to let it. If I wouldn't have gone with Zayn alone then I wouldn't have been so late. He told me and hurried right back so I could check it out and it still wasn't quick enough. She should've came with us or something. We could've spared this entire thing from happening if I wasn't so naive.

Of course Harvey had a plan B, planning to send the pictures too. We thought we dodged that bullet too until Lilian came along and saw them. Maybe I could have prevented that too, not being so focused on calming Avery down until we got into a room. If I wouldn't have held her there to calm down then she wouldn't have thrown the pictures or at least we would've had the time to get them off the floor and walk away with them before Lilian showed up.

And now she's going to Croatia. Because of me she is being sent to Croatia. I don't know when and I don't know if there's anything I can do. All I tried to do was have her do what they ask of her. If she just cooperates with them then maybe they will believe everything is fine and she won't get herself into more trouble.

She is impossible to talk to, though. She shuts everyone out because she hates talking about it. A few times she's opened up to me but it's been small things, never too much.

"Lad! Stop pacing!" Harry exclaims from his laptop.

"I can't!" I spit back. "Her freaking aunt might take her to another continent because of some faceless bastard we still know nothing about!" I bring my hand to my face, letting it run over it before stopping to put my hands on my hips.