60

The laughter faded behind me as I closed the door to my empty room. I had just said goodnight to Lilian and watched her return to her room. Sophie and Liam were singing and drunkenly dancing through the hallway on their way to their room. They both seemed to love the dancing tonight and I think they ended up dancing more than anyone else there. Perhaps it was Sophie's idea and Liam just went along with it to keep her happy.

Louis will be here soon, he was going to get his things in his room and make sure Lilian went back before coming over. So I just have to wait. We danced too, just not for as long as Sophie and Liam did. An old couple must've seen just how bad we were and tried to teach us some foxtrot, which did not work out that well with Louis's disliking of dance. I think he was embarrassed about even being seen on a dance floor.

Harry sneaked me some more shots while Lilian was out dancing, while Louis ordered a RedBull vodka which he let me take tiny sips of while no one saw anything. It had slowly gotten to my head and I became dizzy, not really drunk but pretty tipsy. I giggled and felt my face heat up from the alcohol while I tried to act normal around Lilian. I don't think she ever noticed, at least she didn't say anything.

Niall tried hitting on her but she kept turning him down, as he got drunker it became almost some sort of begging instead of flirting, which was our clue that it was time to leave and just go back to the hotel. We all seemed to have some fun, even though Harry never got to dance. I tried to pull him with me to the dance floor, even Lilian did, but he refused to do it. He watched us with an amused face instead, laughing at how bad we all were.

It's safe to say we all had a really good time, maybe Lilian will realize I'm in good company and will let me stay, I'm really hoping for it. We had a good day, we spent some time together catching up and maybe it was enough for her to believe me when I tell her there is nothing wrong, I'm okay right where I am. If I wasn't, why would I want to stay? if something was wrong where I am, then wouldn't I like the idea of going to Croatia?

My room was dark so I flicked the lights on, the room lit up in the warm light. It wasn't as messy as it usually is, since Lilian was here and cleaned up every little mess I made. She has always been like that, even when I was a kid. She has always been tidying up my messes I left behind, toys, spilled milk and when I got a little older she would clean my room from all the clothes and school books as soon as she walked in.

I kicked my shoes off and when I turned around I felt my heart drop to my stomach for a split second. It was still beating hard in my chest when I began walking over to the bed where the big box was placed. It was wrapped just like the box the boys had gotten with that head in, which made me only fear the worst about the contents of this one. My hands were trembling before me when I reached out to grab the note placed on top of it with my name written in cursive letters.

Knowing there was a head in the other one made thoughts race through my mind of what could be in this one. It was wrapped exactly the same as the other one, it was the same size and it was in my room this time.

I was too stressed about the contents of the box to even open the envelope to read the card. I need to know what is in there, even though I'd rather not see another head. Slowly my hands moved to the sides of the box, grasping on the lid of the package. Maybe I should wait until Louis gets here and open it with him here?

It seemed like the best idea, but how am I even supposed to just leave it here until then? How do I just do something else with it waiting on my bed when I know the possibilities of its contents? I can't wait for Louis to come here when it's just sitting here, god knows how long it has even been in here for that matter. My hands were shaking around the box. I need to see things like this to prepare myself for worse things. I don't know what will happen in the future when we're dealing with a guy who kills people and sends the heads back, so I need this.