63

My skin was sweaty as the sun was burning against it. I could barely read because of the strong light coming from it but I refused to go inside when I had the chance to actually enjoy the heat for once. I'm so used to cold, cloudy, England that I didn't want to miss out on actually getting the sun. For the first time since the tour started I got to feel like I was on vacation — if you look aside me studying in the sun.

We woke up feeling absolutely exhausted from our little road trip last night. We got ready and flew to Los Angeles at eight in the morning which had us arrive at ten, meaning we were settled in the hotel at eleven. I immediately got changed and got up on the roof, took my study books with me and sat down on a sunbed with them to study while working on getting at least a little bit of a tan. It's thanks to Harry I can even do that without someone else hanging around to distract me.

He told us before getting on our planes that we should show Harvey that I can have some time away from the boys, because I will be harder for him to work with if I'm always around the band. Even if someone comes to attack me I will get the chance to tell them that I am willing to work with them, which I admit might not work if they are too determined to kill me but I was too excited about actually getting to be by myself that I didn't care. Louis was quick to object but got shut down by the rest of the band, and also me, so he had no choice but to agree to it eventually. He isn't really onboard with any of this overall, but he has no say in that either, so he uses his silence to show his disapproval.

When we got back to the hotel last night he was quiet and a bit distant, said he was tired and went to sleep. I still haven't slept but to be totally honest I'm too scared to even try at this point, so it's not hard to fight my tiredness just yet. Plus, this gives me so much more time to catch up on my studying that I've missed because my life has been threatened a few times lately.

This morning, however, wasn't any different with Louis. He was still tired from barely getting the sleep, but I don't think he realized I never went to sleep, because he would have something to say about that. He didn't say much to me and his answers were short and punctual which I'm sure is because he really doesn't like me being in on this. We travel on different planes, so I didn't see him until we landed in LA, where he was just like this morning.

I'm staying in his rooms from now on, he doesn't want me to be alone when I'm not aware of anything around me, so I agreed to that because we basically share rooms anyway. I just have to think of something to tell my dad or Sophie if they ever knock on what is supposed to be my room and I'm not there. Here in LA, they all got suites, meaning their rooms have like a living room with seating arrangement with a kitchen and a bar in one room, with their fancy bedrooms in the other room. It was really fancy, but I didn't see much of it before getting in my bikini and leaving to get up here.

Of course I had to meet my dad this morning as well, who had questions about Lilian. He asked if I did anything to scare her away, if she said anything to me before she left, if I knew anything about what is going on with my grandparents and stuff like that. I said I found it weird but she didn't tell me anything. Seems like Lilian didn't tell my dad about our last talk before she showed up to tell me she was leaving, which I'm grateful for. I'm also pretty grateful about her being gone and me being not gone.

The lift chimed and I turned my head to see the doors sliding open to reveal Louis. He had changed from his Adidas sweatpants into blue swim shorts and a white t-shirt and was walking out of the lift and towards me. He had the same facial expression as he has had all day and he was looking right at me as he walked up towards me. I gave him a small smile and I saw him trying to force one but it really failed in looking genuine.

He got up to me where I was sitting on the sunbed with my legs in tailor position and my books laid out in front of me. He stepped over the sunbed with one leg so he had one on each side before sitting down on the space I had between me and the backrest. I turned my head to see him through the corner of my eye when he placed his hands on my upper arms, pulling me backwards as he leaned back on the sunbed, with my laying on top of his chest as he moved his legs up on either side of my body — like we had been laying on the roof that one night where he let me talk about the stars.