72

His face was bruised when he walked back into the room last night. It wasn't too bad and hopefully it wouldn't bring him too much attention. There was a bruise on his cheekbone and a little cut on his lip. His fists were bruised too. I offered to take care of it as soon as I saw it but he declined. I tried to get him to let me at least look at the cut on the lip but he just shook his head. He seemed distraught and when I asked about it he stayed silent for a while before shaking his head and saying it's nothing. It was obvious he was keeping something from me but I wasn't ready to go through yet another argument with him, so reluctantly, I let it go.

I got tired of trying to get it our of him so I suggested we go to bed. He agreed but when we went to bed none of us could sleep. I was too scared of my nightmares and he said he had a lot to think about. When I asked him what he was thinking about he just sighed and replied something about this whole thing not making any sense. If I would've asked what, I wouldn't have gotten much of an answer so I stayed silent and pretended to sleep so he'd might think that I was sleeping and fall asleep himself.

For a long time I listened to him breathing, sighing, turning and huffing. I felt him move closer to me and then away from me. I still pretended to sleep. My eyes shut as I was listening closely to his every movement.

Suddenly I felt him move closer to me and then I felt a hand on my waist gently pulling me closer. I didn't want to give it away that I was awake so I kept my eyes shut. The warmth of his body was radiating in front of me and then I felt the tip of his nose touching mine. His face was really close and I felt his breaths against my lips and when he breathed through his nose I felt it tickle against my upper lip. I felt it a couple times and I had to fight to not let the tickling make me shiver.

Eventually, I couldn't hold back and I began quietly giggling to myself. I still kept my eyes closed but I felt Louis backing his head away from my face to look at me. His hand squeezed lightly at my waist.

"You're awake?" He asks quietly. I shake my head, refusing to open my eyes.

"No, I'm asleep." I say, scratching my upper lip while holding back a smile. His face getting close to mine but this time to let his lips find mine before getting some space between our faces this time.

"Right." He nods quietly, kissing my forehead. Now he knows I'm awake and now I'm scared he'll think I'm annoyed with him.

"What's on your mind, Lou?" I whisper, keeping my eyes shut but my guess is that he's looking down at me.

"You." He replies and I scoff before starting to giggle.

"You're so cheeky, it's disgusting." I reply.

"No, really, you're on my mind." He says.

"Okay, what are you thinking?" I ask, raising my eyebrows, eyes still shut, "Do not say anything cheesy or dirty."

"I'm thinking about December 18th." He says and I open my eyes, looking up at him as my lips fall open. My stomach gets this odd feeling and my heart stops. My eyes scan his face and in the dark I see his serious expression.

My hands went to his chest and I pushed away from him, turning around. He had brought it up before, he used it as some form of threat to get to me. What me and my mum went through that night was something I promised her to never talk about again and then I promised myself to never even think about it again. I never understood what was happening and my mum tried her best to make sure it remained that way.

"You said you'd never bring that up again."I say, furrowing my brow.

"I know," He sighs, putting his hand around my wrist to bring them down from his chest, "but you asked me what I was thinking about and that was it... because there's something you should probably know about that night."