BREAKING NEWS

DLA PIPER ROBBERY

18 MARCH 2021

At 13.07 this Thursday afternoon, every security camera within a mile from the house where DLA Piper has their office, got shut off. Shortly after, four armed men entered the building and held the office at gun point.

It was early afternoon when the security cameras went out, all at the same time. Every camera in the city of London all went black. Shortly after that, four masked, armed men in black suits entered the building where the law firm DLA Piper has its office.

They stepped out of the lifts with their guns held high, forcing people to the floor. The people in the reception were held hostage by two of the four men, while other employees stayed hidden locked in their offices.

While two of the four stayed to keep people hostage in the reception, the other two went to the storage where they keep old files and documents from cases, says a source that happened to be present during the robbery.

"They didn't hurt anyone, they kept quiet while pointing a gun to our heads while the others walked over to the storage" the source said after the occurrence.

Eventually the other two men came back out with 4-5 boxes with documents and files. They did not seem to take anything else before they left the scene. The police was alarmed as soon as they left.

By passers reportedly saw the four men run out from the building, still wearing masks with their guns in hand. One of the by passers told our interviewer they ran up to a black Mercedes where a fifth party was waiting with the engine running. The car had no license plate.

The police have no suspects yet.

"It is too early in the investigation to even know what documents were taken." Says officer Green. "Without any footage of the incident, or a license plate on the car, this is very difficult. When we know more about the documents stolen we might get some clues from that"

DLA Piper is one of the biggest law firms in London, with offices all over the world. They have handled a few of the biggest cases and all of their cases, documents and files are very confidential. They contain information that could be destructive towards many companies and people, meaning the reasoning behind the robbery could be something like racketeering.

"It is awful, we will warn the people involved in the cases as soon as we find out more about what files and documents that were actually stolen." says CEO of DLA Piper, Simon Levine.

Amanda Brown, 18/03/2021 18:25