21

AVERY POV:

I step into the hallway of the flat that I never thought I would actually miss. The familiar smell hit me as I turned the light on. The light walls of the hallway leading into the kitchen I spent a lot of time in while studying. 

I kick my shoes off and hang my jacket on the hook before struggling me bags through the flat, into the kitchen that looks just like we left it and through the door to my room. A sigh o relief leaves my lips as I leave the bags by the door and walk in to crash on the bed. 

The smell of lilies surrounding me from the sheets. I haven't felt the feeling of being home after a trip for so long. I was home so much and now I have been away for two weeks, and going away again in just two days. I get to spend two hole nights in my own bed. 

The band have a show here in Manchester tonight so dad let me sleep at home rather than the hotel with them. Since dad has to keep everything in order though, he is staying at the hotel. 

That means that I will be completely alone for two days, in my comfortable home. I can relax and I can let go of the breath I've been constantly holding because of everything that has been happening. I turn around on my bed and stare up at the ceiling. 

I used to hate this flat. I hated how the walls were plain and how dad sucked at interior. Though my room wasn't much better with mostly white, grey and light blue interior. That is just my fault though, being too tired to actually make something fun out of it. 

I do have fairylights hanging next to my window though. Feeling like a top designer. 

I somehow managed to miss this shitty place. It's not a bad flat, it's in a nice place and it's quite big. It just never felt like really home after moving from the house. But after these two weeks I do not want to leave again. 

This tour has made me consider telling my dad that I want to stay here, he would let me. I am 18 and I can do my own choices, except when it comes to school I guess. The thing stopping me is being alone for such a long time. Dad would also see it as me not being able to handle the social thing and that would make him doubt sending me back to school. 

But if I stay home I don't have to deal with the band and their side stuff. I wouldn't have to worry about pissing Louis off and I wouldn't have to worry about anything regarding any of them. That seems so tempting, but so does going back to school.

I huff as I sit up on my bed and look around the room. I look over to the smiling picture of me and my mum sitting on my desk. I felt my heart ache a little as I think about her. She would tell dad he's being ridiculous and send me back to school. 

Dad would probably have been mad and debated that he only wants what is good for me or something. Mum and dad were different like that. 

Oh how I would kill for a mum hug right now. 

In my mind I'm five years old, sitting on the floor in front of my mum who's sitting on the sofa. We're watching some black and white movie because she loved them, and she'd sing that mockingbird song, and for the part she didn't know she would hum the melody. 

Hush, little baby, don't say a word.
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird

And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring

And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass 

My thoughts get interrupted by a loud knocking on the door before it opens and I hear someone shuffling in the hallway. 

"Hello!" Alicia's voice yell through the flat "It's santa"

I stand up from my bed and walk out to the kitchen as her and Hanna walk in with big smiles on their faces.