65

When I walked into the room Louis had woken up and was sitting on the sofa in only a pair of sweatpants. He is on his phone talking to someone. I had sneaked out early in the morning when Louis was still sleeping. I couldn't sleep all night so I tried reading so I would still be in bed if he started to wake up. It got boring so I decided to go for a walk, even though that is strongly prohibited to do alone, especially in the early morning when none of them would be awake.

He turned his head to me as I walked up to the counter in the tiny kitchen space that was in the room. I knew Louis would criticize me for deciding to do that, so I just kept on, waiting for it to happen as soon as he got off the phone.

"She's back, I'll call you later." Louis says before taking the phone from his ear and putting it on the table. I take the two cups out its holder and place the plastic bag next to them on the counter to unpack it. "Where did you go?" He asks, and I hear it takes everything in him to sound as casual as possible since Harry said I should be able to be alone more, even though it was clear Louis wasn't on board on that idea.

"I got breakfast." I state, trying equally as hard to sound casual to not make him know I am expecting him to freak out about it.

"I've been up for over an hour, where the hell did you get that breakfast? New York?" He asks, walking up to the small bar behind me, leaning on the counter top.

"I took a walk." I say, throwing the plastic bag away after unpacking the bagels, creme cheese and the small plastic cups with chopped up fruit and berries. I take the tea and place it in front of Louis on the bar, he looks down at it then back up to me with suspicion before I turn back around to slice the bagels.

"Where did you go?" He asks, taking a sip from the tea, which might be a bit cold by now but he doesn't say anything about it.

"I barely know where we are right now, so I couldn't tell you." I shrug, grabbing a knife to slice the bagel in two before putting the two slices into the toaster.

"Did you walk through a park? Your shoes are all muddy." Louis asks. I sigh quietly and turn around, leaning my hands on the counter behind me as I look at him.

"Yes, I did." I nod, "And I don't really get why you feel the need to look at my shoes when I say I went for a walk. Is this an interrogation?" I ask, tilting my head to the side. He raises his eyebrows and chuckle.

"Avery, it's nothing new that you walking around alone is a risk, I was just checking." He says with a shrug.

I just sigh and walk over to the bedroom which had it's double doors wide open. I quickly take the tights off and throw them with the dirty laundry, to change into sweatpants instead. I leave the cropped zip-up hoodie that's thrown slightly off my left shoulder on and move my long braid over my shoulder before walking back out to the bigger room where Louis still seems to follow my every move.

I ignore him and walk over to the sink, turning the tap on before putting my hands under it to wash my hands, scrubbing closely before adding the soap to scrub equally as close. I dry my hands before grabbing the bagel slices from the toaster and opening up the cream cheese and grabbing a knife to spread it all over the bread.

"Who was that on the phone?" I ask to break the silence.

"Psychologist." He replies shortly.

"You didn't want to talk to him when I'm here?" I ask, stopping my movements to look at him over my shoulder.

"Actually, I rather not. I don't want you hearing that." He admits and I nod, understanding his reasoning.

I feel Louis's gaze a the back of my neck all the time, with every move I make. I take a sip from my own drink, which was a chai latte rather than tea, then I get forks for the fruit cups. I grab plates and put the two slices on each of them before turning around to face him.