55

Even though I was so used to being alone, it felt worse than ever this time. I had contemplated going to Louis with the box, apologizing and asking him to come back here, but I just sat down by the table, where dad had been sitting earlier. The box sat on the bed with it's cover off so the purple petals were fully visible. I hugged my knees up to my chest and rested my head on top of them as I watched the box. I was done crying, my eyes were hurting every time I blinked.

I sat there for nearly two hours before I decided to move the roses out of the way. I didn't know what to do with them, but I wanted to throw the entire box out the window. Maybe even burning them would feel better. The note I wanted to rip to pieces after reading it, but Louis would be mad if I didn't tell him about it. Of course he would find pleasure in my pain. He is probably laughing to himself still.

Standing in front of the box, I felt the frustration grow back. I was just as angry at myself as Louis must be with me right now. We fought about my dad for him to win over us. He is getting his will through because I'm too scared to do anything. Why couldn't Louis stay longer? Why didn't he tell me I was weak and that I can't let my dad boss me around like that? God, I even wish he would lash out on my dad. I think if he did after he ran out, I would know about it by now, because dad would be here to yell at me again.

Clenching my jaw as I look at the box filled with baby blue and purple, my head feels like it's going to explode. In a quick motion I threw it off the bed, watching as it hit the floor with the roses flying all around the room to land on the floor. From the bottom of the box, I notice something fly out among the rest of the roses. It looks like another little note. It lies there on the floor, facing down. I walk up to it, picking it up to read something on the back of it, the side facing up.

Something to remember him by. x

I turn it around, seeing it's a photo. Another one we didn't even know was taken of us, like the ones by the lake, the ones Harvey then covered my entire room in. This time it was taken in the women's bathroom after I got the first call from Harvey. I know he had people everywhere and probably access to the cameras but that is just seriously perverted. Cameras in the women's bathroom? Now I'm glad I didn't go to the bathroom there.

When turning it around I read the sentence written on the back again. I started thinking about the note that was on top of the roses. I had put it next to the box on the bed. I rushed up to it, pulling the note out of its envelope to read it again. Sorry for your loss. Why is it written like I'm not going to see him again, why is it written like Louis is dead?

Fear starts to flood my body as the worst thinkable is flowing through my head. Is Harvey going to kill him? Is Louis going to do something stupid? It's been two hours, what if something had already happened?

Without bothering to put my shoes on, I take the note along with the picture with me, rushing out the door. The hallway was quiet and empty as I ran down the red carpet. I can't let anything happen to Louis, I need to know that nothing is going to happen to him because I ended things. I had them both clutched in my hands as I red every number on the doors until I got to the door I was looking for.

My fists started banging on the door, praying that he will open it. I hear footsteps approaching on the other side as the little light disappears from the peep hole on the door. Right after the door opens. Harry is looking at me with a confused face as he sees the state I'm in. I hold the note with the picture out for him and he slowly grabs them. The picture first, he looks at it with a crease between his eyebrows before looking up at me with a confused face. He turns it around to read what's written on the back.

"What's this?" He asks.

"Read the card." I say, impatient for him to understand what's going on. He opens the envelope, reading the card before looking at me again with the same confused face. "he's writing like Louis is going to die, Harry you need to make sure he's okay!"