35: Color me before I go (side stories)

these are short side stories from each place of the 'Color me before I go' one shot. I recommend re-reading them to understand some contexts. happy valentines! (or whatever it is today)

-S. 

|Los Angeles|

There were no calling angels Win could hear.

The day he arrives in LA, someone told him angels were supposed to cry, sing and call out for you. Win remembers stepping foot at LAX yet not a single thing was heard just his cheeks reddening from the sudden temperature change and his heart contracting for a mere lapse.

"Liar," He lets out while the Hollywood sign stared back at him.

No angels or maybe he needed to find one.

Win stares at the man around his age who didn't stop the excessive snapping on his phone. He could easily count the number of times their eyes have met; between distant gazes and the annoying flashes of the stranger's phone and his own pathetic stares.

He looks good like he breaks hearts.

Win notices the absence of any shining piece of metal on the guy's hands, fingers or wrist. Even then, a fluttering curve of his mouth made up for that.

He probably does.

|Santa Monica|

"Wait, as in now?" Bright frowns even when his little smirk was too proud to hide.

The keys continued to dangle around his fingers and he watches Win shrug his shoulders for an answer. This is ridiculous, but still Bright tries to control the pumping of his heart when he decides to follow the person he started eyeing when his lens somehow captured this man's face by accident.

Now, fingers smoothly operating the luxurious engine, Bright finds himself seated beside a stranger he met a few minutes ago.

"What part of the around the world didn't you get?" Win questions back as his eyes fought the urge to look back and familiarize themselves with Bright's eyes. He pushes the windows down to reveal pink skies while the California air bruised their cheeks.

"I get it, trust me."

"I'd rather not." Bright locks his tongue to prevent the small laughter from coming out at Win's comeback. It was too fast like a reflex and a bitter sense of unwanted curiosity gnawed his insides.

"You don't even have your things with you."

No one talked for a while just the humid air passing in soft slaps and they feel it like lullabies on their younger years. Bright never closes his eyes even when he wishes he could. Win feels the same, only he never wants to open them back again.

"I just need myself, passport, money and..." Win says after the traffic jam successfully swallowed them. Bright hums back as answer, willing his fingers to drum along the steering wheel as he waits for Win to continue. "...and maybe you."

|Greece|

The pout smiled back at Win the longer he tries to look away from it. In front of them, the four storied museum of Acropolis stared back, waiting to be roamed with half lidded eyes.

"Stop pouting, you're starting to scare the kid." But Win's warning goes unnoticed when Bright stomps his foot in everyone's horror.

Statues of Gods, Asclepius and Dionysus stared back at them and Win feels his cheeks sizzling when foreign phrases were heard from passersby.

brightwin AUsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें