34: Color me before I go

prompt: They met halfway across in one country only to travel to a couple more together while he tries to make him see the world in a brighter way again.

(only as time goes by, he falls in love through his posts and captions--and maybe they both did.)

"He looks like someone who makes pretty hearts cry." Bright said without missing a beat, biting back a dim witted laugh or coughing away a stutter.

Even then, his words flew out of Win's ears as they both stood near the rusty banister that soaked the remnants of the former's words.

With the last strength he had, Win produced a laugh that set a strange burn inside his chest—a lasting wave of unanswered ache he didn't want to stop hurting; before muttering the phrase that showed his white flag. "That's exactly how he is."

"So why him?"

Another brutal wind passed over and this one, Win was reminded of nights he wouldn't mind basking in them as another body warms him soulfully.

"Can you really teach this who to love?" Trailing a finger against his sweater covered chest, Bright follows the motion with solemness.

"Sometimes you can...you know," Bright didn't even know where he was going with his words or how to get his point across without offending the other's perspective. "Kind of tell your heart not to choose that person. I mean, you have a choice."

"I do have a choice." Win continues to stare at the setting sky but Bright could see the wetness drenching his cheeks. "And if I had the strength to follow it, I would choose someone like you instead."

"Then, where are you off to?"

Win shrugs his shoulder, his rented car keys jingling around his pointer finger before he tosses it over to Bright. "I don't know. Around the world, maybe? Are you up for it?"

Bright catches it without hesitation while his chest thumps wildly when the keys landed against his warm palm. "Yeah, around the world sounds nice."