39: GOTH special

(to be read preferably after Growl of the heart series 1-8) 

um hi? writing here feels too strange but it's aug 14 and this date feels too special after meeting bright and win (ifyyk) so i figured why not? i've been stalling to upload this for some reason aside from nearly making it out alive from school but i just couldn't sleep without writing this so here we are

and honestly, i tried reading this au book from the beginning since my notifs have been clogged for the past months, this particular ending always just left me so regretful like i wrote all of that bs for it to end up like that?? lmao but it's been long overdue, i also don't know where else to post this so

for the growl of the heart readers, this is the other lifetime they promised to live

Waking up to distant skies with a colder bed cover was something he was starting to hate the most. There was no trace of the sun blinding him to the core or the chirping of birds that would pound his head for a second. 

And his fingers--no longer bare would grasp an empty sheet beside him. That was what Win hated the most. Not really mornings but the emptiness of it when he's alone.

"8:05 AM, really..." He can't help but grumble, a ten profanities left unsaid because he knows it was uncalled for, before slipping on his silk robe with a stiffer spine. "Just ridiculous..."

It was Sunday after all and if that didn't serve anymore reason for the bare space beside him, he blocks it by carefully swiping on his work ipad to settle his schedule. 

"No meetings for the week, another conference to Europe on the 3rd of the month, training of the pack is postponed for this week too..." Even the coffee he was drinking tasted too bitter and he knew it would stay that way until he feels that solid muscle against his skin. 

"I cleared all the schedule and still, this is frustrating the hell out of me." Win nips at his lips to stop the annoyance from spilling out. Their maids knew it too, by the way they gathered silently at the back of the pantry. Although, their little giggles were penetrating their Alpha's ears either way.

"What time?" He announces instead, hands failing to his sides in defeat. He had no appetite, no will to lead their pack until...then. 

"Before the sun even rose, Alpha." One of the perkiest from the group blushed, distantly visualizing the scene that will unravel once the young Alpha would take off for the stairs. 

"I swear," Win had uttered before untying his silk robe so fast on his way up, leaving the flushed helpers to clean the single cup of coffee that the young Alpha barely finished. 

Win can never take his eyes off the heavy door which he knew used to be so barricaded by invincible barriers. He remembered the time where he could only look at it distantly, chances of it opening to accommodate him willingly was a miracle he was secretly praying for at night. 

He nips harder at his lower lip, knowing far too well that some prayers are answered in different ways.

"Come in," And this was his. 

"I didn't even knock." He whispered as he snapped the last button of his silk top open. The cold air-condition seemed to sip to every open pore of his body and the cold octave of the voice he knew so well only added to the insult of an impending frost bite somewhere inside him.

"I did send Gulf there yesterday, so it's only right that you hand me the final evaluation by the end of this week. I'm not understanding the delay." His voice remained smooth and composed, his banded finger twirling around the rim of an empty glass with no trace of Scotch.