19: Before this ride ends

prompt: What was a simple task for Bright to take his boss' younger brother home, ended with them tangled inside his car— their hearts drumming under the night sky.

as per a spicy request: 🔞🔞🔞

"Can you pick up someone for me, Chivaree?" The stern voice of his boss suddenly ran through the speaker making the young lad switch lanes out of nervousness.

"Who is it, boss?"

The unmistakeable sound of another smack landing on a full weight punching bag can be heard along with panting grunts that Bright didn't want to visualize.

"You know the private school near the Capitol? My younger brother goes there." His boss ended the call after that without further explaining the motives he had set on him inevitably. Not that it mattered, he figured that his boss trusted him a little too much these days especially with his personal turfs.

Bright was starting to get a little scared. Scared of messing up one day and he has to leave the life that was starting to let him breathe a little easier.

"What was his name again?" Bright muttered to himself when the pristine infrastructure of money shaped in educational buildings came before his eyes.

What he would give to live that kind of life even just once.

The low rumble of the car he got his hands dirty for vibrated against the security's gloved covered hand before he was asked to open all his doors.

"Who are you picking up, sir?" The same guard who ordered him asked after the little checkpoint madness.

Bright gulped before he wrecked his brain to remember that one time his boss had mentioned his little brother's name. But what was it?

"I'm here to pick up Mr. Opas-iamkajorn." He settled with the safer option.

Recognition crossed the guard's eyes before he gave a tight lipped smile over to Bright. No further questions were asked even when Bright was sure that they needed to get his I.D of some sort.

When he rolled down the window to find a parking spot, a group of boys were huddled in a small circle a couple of feet away from where he was. There was a definite circus going on because the group was trying to be discreet with their cheers.

Bright was about to ignore the familiar scenery before him; taking him back to his own days of school where he was in the same circle but he was definitely in the middle squaring it up with someone.

That was until, "Metawin! What the fuck, I told you not to punch him too hard!"

Metawin.

Bright paused his steps when the name sounded too familiar for him to ignore.

"We're fucked. Bro, his jaw's starting to swell."

"You dumbass, let's scram before he gets up!"

Bright could only watch as the group dispersed in different directions then revealing a kneeling boy in his rumpled uniform. Clutching a hand against his jaw, he looked like it would take him a day to raise an inch of his body.

Then for a brief second that Bright's eyes wouldn't miss, the beaten up kid turned his face towards his direction; knocking the air out of him.

Literally and somehow his chest knew too.

"Crap," He whispered as he charged his way to the groaning boy. "I should have known his brother was the opposite of him."

The young boy was coughing out little spots of blood when Bright got to him.