16: Growl of the heart (6)

Maybe he lied. Everything wasn't going to be alright.

Looking around the unfamiliar clinic that could easily pass as an abandoned warehouse from outside, Win couldn't seem to comprehend the trust he willingly placed on his own enemy.

To come all the way here without any plans of some sort.

"Mr. Metawin?" A young lady probably one of the professor's assistant had uttered. She was quick to lead the young Alpha inside the room that he was dreading to discover.

Professor Nguyen: CASE OPEN

A week flew by since the luncheon. Since the world that Win knew, no longer looked endearing or safe---not that it was in the first place.

A week since everything started to crumble inevitably right before his eyes.

"Good morning, Alpha." Professor Nguyen didn't need to look up from his desk when the door opened. The strong smell of disinfectants clogged Win's nose and he tried not to gag when he noticed how squeaky clean everything was.

"For an educated man like you, you sure can't seem to preserve knowledge can you?." Win tried to let his wolf's rage talk just so the small fear he was feeling would somehow fade. "I'm not your Alpha, professor."

Professor only let out a small smile, only further infuriating the Alpha.

When Win suddenly received an unknown text that same week, he knew just where it came from. The subtle threat with the text's content wasn't hard to miss thus explaining his presence today.

"Shall we start then?"

There was an operating table right in the middle. Ranging from 10 to 15 monitors surrounded the area where certain tubes were connected. There were even PVC pipes, fluids for dextrose, oxygen tanks and thick straps that were built with the table.

Win gulped before raising his eyes away from the scene of weakness.

"I'm not letting you touch me until you tell me everything there is to know." The Alpha demanded before sitting himself messily on top of the professor's desk; quaking the various documents that were once neatly arranged.

Noticing this, the professor forced his mind off it before laying out his cards.

"Like I've mentioned before, I was the appointed CSO for the clinical lycanthropy study that one of my professors actually started. It was a partnership with WHO since we needed a big medical institution to support us. At that time, there were rising cases of this rare condition that my colleagues suspected to be Hypertrichosis." Noticing the frown on the Alpha's face, the professor sidetracked to let Win shoot his insults.

"I suggest you narrate in Layman's term. I'm a morbid beast if you're forgetting." The Alpha fisted the papers beside him, not missing the slight narrowing of the professor's eyes.

"Hypertrichosis is what your kind looks like in your natural form; only this one has some medical explanation to it. This condition manifests an excessive hairy appearance on anyone who is affected by it as a result of an extra gene chunk on the X chromosome. With time it was referred to as the werewolf syndrome if that even rings a bell." Professor Nguyen powered his laptop to show the evidences he managed to compile.

Win's eyes widened as the pictures registered to him among the other ones. There were two sets of it. The first one was a couple who he knew only manifested those traits with possible defects on their chromosomes but the second one was someone he recognized.

"Isn't she...?" The young Alpha trailed off as he squinted near the picture to get a better look at it.

"I'm sure she's familiar given that she made quite a record for being the most hairiest child. You read it on the news I suspect? She's also Thai after all."