tis five

★            ❤️             ★            ❤️             ★
"Aw is the little human perhaps lonely? Do they need a handsome man to stay with them?" Childe teased, or at least tried.

"How long has it been since you've been in the same room as another person? If this is your flirting then I'm afraid of what you'd have been like as an incubus." You responded, nonchalantly.

"You're mean!" he whined, wiping a fake tear away.

You just laughed and explained why you wanted him to stay. Again, the reason? Pure boredom.

"So you want to hang out with a potentially dangerous, could hurt you at any given moment, demon... Because your friends won't be here for like the next five days?" He deadpanned.

"Hey, don't make me sound lonely! I have other friends, too,  you know!" You half yelled.

"But they're not hot, so that's why you need me right? That's all I'm getting from this." He responded, grinning.

You couldn't tell if the guy was joking or just had quite a big ego.

"Nope, Lisa's way better looking."

"Yeah, right."

If you had a picture, you'd take it out now and prove it. Unfortunately, you did not. You watched him as he picked his nails. He looked back up to see you staring, and smirked.

"Too good looking, I know sweetheart! However, you're pretty attractive yourself, you know."

"Mhm." You walked out of the room, hearing him follow behind.

You decided to you were thirsty, and headed towards the kitchen.

"So you're staying then, right?" You asked, walking to the fridge and grabbing a drink.

"Might as well, nothing else to do now." He shrugged, sitting on your counter.

You offered him a glass of (F/D). He thanked you and took a sip.

"I knew I was hot but were you so desperate to meet me that you had to research about me first?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"This is- or I guess was- my favorite drink."

"Oh."

He looked at you as if he was expecting more of a response. You caught on after a moment.

"Me too!" You said, laughing.

He cracked a smile and kept drinking, meanwhile you were lost in thought.

You summoned a demon, ran from him, and then he caught you. You were terrified he'd kill you, until it turns out he was actually pretty chill, laughed at you even. And then right before he would leave you asked him to stay.

That's slightly confusing, but oh well. If you died, you died. If you lived, hey, that's great!

'Wait a minute.. How lonely am I?-' You thought, questioning whether you really should have asked a DEMON to stay at your apartment.

But there was also the 'what would everyone else think?'

You began to zone out, thinking about it. Lumine and Aether thought was a joke, so obviously that wasn't too hard to stop worrying about. But Kaeya seemed to take it seriously. And Lisa? Surely she'd find out, she is into this type of stuff after all! And that Ghost shop guy? Venti? All your other friends?

You let out a small sigh thinking about it. That's when, Childe piped up.

"It's not that hard to hide it, you know. Anyways, your silence is boring. Ask me questions, or something." He groaned.

"Never thought I'd be entertaining a demon, but okay." You laughed.

"Woah there, take me to dinner first at least!" He replied, chuckling.

"No- Not thAT- you know what, never mind. Okay then, those questions though... Let me think of some."

You grabbed your chin, making a thinking face. Closing your eyes, you tried to think of some questions, only to fail. The reason why being the feeling of a hard stare on you.

★            ❤️             ★            ❤️             ★

i just realized how much work it is to get to the stand by me event 😔

anyways idk what to do like should i unlock ningguang's constellation? should i get xingqiu? help😭💀

also i hope this chapter is good! im not the best with building things up to the main part of the story, so im trying my best here :')