thirty four

I'LL BRING EM DOWN

BRING EM DOWN DOWN

★            ❤️             ★            ❤️             ★

You shook off and nervous feeling you had. You stood in front of the circle, ready to read once told to. Zhongli leaned over Childe, making sure to watch over him.

Xiao picked up the vial of blood, placing it in the middle of the circle. He began to put on a mask, holding the dagger in hand.

"Who's blood is this, anyways?" You asked.

"It... Would be hard to explain. However, it's necessary in order for me to rid you of him." He mumbled, placing to mask on his face.

"You may begin now." He finished.

You nodded. Zhongli glanced at Childe once more before turning back to the both of you. He nodded as well, telling you he was ready.

And so it began.

★                             ★                             ★

Childe groaned, almost as if he was in pain. You looked over to him, a concerned expression on your face.

"(Y/n) pay attention to what you're doing. Continue reading, he will be fine!" Xiao

"Sorry, sorry!" You gulped.

The room had become heavier, and Xiao had begun acting as if the time was coming. He was harsher, and noticed even the smallest mistakes made. Everything had to go right for this to work, after all.

Suddenly, Xiao stomped on the vial in the middle of the floor, pulling your from your thoughts.

"Read louder, don't stop for anything."

You began changing what was written in the book, more energy put into it than previously. The area around the circle began to hold a dark energy.

Xiao started mumbling to himself, though you couldn't hear or understand. A strong wind had started to blow around you both, though there was no outdoor access. It came from the circle.

A black smoke formed, sneaking into your lungs as you read. Xiao quickly ran next you, shouting so you could hear.

"Don't breath it in, cover your mouth!"

You did as he said, then quickly picking up where you left off in the chant. The atmosphere made you nervous.

Soon enough, the wind had become louder. A figure started to form in the smoke.

(A little silhouetto of a man </3)

Scaramouche.

"So this is where you've lead me, huh?" He chuckled, turning to face you.

Xiao held the dagger tightly in his grasp, closing in on the demon. Scaramouche hadn't even looked, but simply put his hand up and knocked Xiao back with a gust of wind.

You gasped, about to run over and help him.

"Don't! Keep reading, louder!" He yelled.

You did as you were told, looking back at the book, not even sparing Scaramouche a glance. This only angered him more.

"Your stupid book won't do a thing for you, my dear! Now, give up on this and come with me." He growled, slapping the book from your hand.

You wouldn't let him stop you, or take you. Holding the protection stone close to your chest, you continued changing what you remembered from the book. You kept your eyes closed, waiting to hear any other direction from Xiao.