twenty nnnnnine

this song is so relaxing but it also makes me cry

★            ❤️             ★            ❤️             ★

After the call and little celebration, the feeling of loneliness was still there. It wasn't going to leave until Childe was back, but you were fine with it now.

He would be back, you told yourself this over and over again. It was going to work out. Xiao will help, and you would do your best to lure him out.

There were some what ifs in your mind, too. What if he didn't come back? If you died? If you couldn't get the other demon to come out?

These thoughts stressed you out. Thinking these things wasn't going to help, but you couldn't get rid of the uneasy feeling you had.

To shake the negative thoughts off, you decided to clean the house a little. You took the drawing back to your nightstand first, before sweeping the floors and tidying your room up.

While picking up some of the pillows that were left on the floor, you couldn't help thinking about him. He never left your mind to begin with, but these small details really made you think of him.

You laughed remembering how he'd only slept on the floor for probably two nights, and managed to weasel his way into the bed.

As nice as it was thinking about him, you quickly disappointed yourself once again with the fact that there's a chance it wouldn't happen anymore.

Now wasn't the time to think such things. You had to be confident in yourself to he able to bring him back, so you quickly made yourself stop thinking about the man and went back to tidying the place.

★                             ★                             ★

The first full day of waiting was hard. Friends had contacted you, however you only answered a few. The few who had actually seemed to care for your feelings.

Bennett, Aether, Fischl, Razor, and Xinyan.

Xinyan had offered to come play some music for you. 'Practice for me, and relaxation for you!' she'd said. You agreed for her to come over.

Of course, the situation had made it to her ears and she asked for your side of the story. She knew you well enough to know that you wouldn't have gotten so upset without reason. Seeing you with him just a few days before, as well, had given her an understanding of your thoughts.

Xinyan was very supportive, much like the other few mentioned. She told you that she believed you much like the other few as well. She acted nothing like Lisa, Kaeya, and Lumine.

After a little chat about the recent events, Xinyan had played the a few new songs she wrote, and some covers from your favorite artists. All in all, a perfect performance as always.

She had ended up staying over for dinner as well, and you both played some games.

You were indecisive on whether or not to tell her of your plan. You ended up not doing so to not worry her. It was the last thing you wanted to do.

Eventually, Xinyan did have to leave, which left you alone again. You played some video games, mainly random horror games you'd found on steam. It was a fun time, though you wished Childe was there to play along side you.

★                             ★                             ★

The second day of waiting, everyone was busy. Everyone except Lumine.